MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#65902 - 11/02/00 03:30 PM Movies with Penelope Cruz
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Okay, now that I started to think about this, it is TOTALLY driving me nuts. When I lived in Chile, they had a Spanish movie on t.v. with Penelope Cruz (when she had short hair) and blondish, baby-faced actor. They met and moved in together. I missed the end of that movie, and would really like to see it. It was kind of a study in modern spanish relationships/dating...Does this sound familiar to anyone??

#65903 - 11/02/00 04:16 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Check the Internet Movie Database page on Penélope Cruz and hopefully you can pick it out.

Did'ja know she was born IN Madrid (in 1974)? A TRUE madrileña! I like her EVEN more than before (if that's possible. hehehe).

Saludos, MadridMan
---------------------

Like Penélope Cruz movies? Check out the MOVIE section of MadridMan's ALL Spain Market to find: All About My Mother, Jamon Jamon, Belle Epoque, Live Flesh, & Talk of Angels.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65904 - 11/02/00 04:47 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
She was in Abre los ojos - but that's not the one you're thinking of. It was a terrible film although I think it got pretty good reviews. Talk about a bleak outlook.

Leche

#65905 - 11/02/00 04:47 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

You are officially THE MAN. I found it!!!!

#65906 - 11/02/00 04:48 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
Leche Offline

so what was it?

Leche

#65907 - 11/02/00 04:49 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
Leche Offline

by the way...Has anyone seen Butterfly? About a young boy and his school teacher during the Spanish Civil War. I'm going to see it tonight.

Leche

#65908 - 11/02/00 04:59 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
connie Offline

I heard Butterfly was really good, I have never seen it. Tell us how it was!
Did anyone see P. Cruz' "American" movie "Woman on top" that recently was in the cinemas? I thought it was so BAD, a true disappointment. I took a group of guys there because I thought a movie with her might be a safe bet, but they all were so bored by the movie. I hope that she does not accept more bad roles of that type just to be in Hollywood. I would say it is still better to have good roles in Spain than bad roles in the US-despite the temptation of Hollywood and world fame.

#65909 - 11/02/00 05:06 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
"Butterfly" was really good but really sad. For some reason, I love sad, depressing movies! It basically sums it up that war and the splitting of peoples is idiotic and makes little sense, especially to children. Enjoy the show!

#65910 - 11/02/00 05:14 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
Leche Offline

I was so tempted to see Woman On Top....if only for the food = sex scenes. But after the TERRIBLE scathing reviews I decided it's a good one to rent for a buck.

Leche

#65911 - 11/02/00 05:14 PM Re: Movies with Penelope Cruz
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

It was "todo es mentira." I doubt it is really great, but I could use the backdrop of madrid and some youthful slang for Spanish practice. plus i just hate not seeing the end of a movie.

I am not surprised about "Woman on top." It looks pretty bad. It's a shame though. I hope those aren't the only roles she is offered in US Cinema, but I won't hold my breath. She is almost too good looking to get anything with real substance, unless she wants to work with independent film makers..and not get paid very much..

Good luck Pe! We are rootin' for ya!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments