Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#58642 - 12/02/00 10:41 PM MadridMan's birthday?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
MM, it's December, and you once mentioned in a thread about the Bar Brillante party that your birthday is in December. Which day is it? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to wish you a happy one! Please let us know so we can all send you our felicitaciones, and hope that you cumples muchos más!!

#58643 - 12/03/00 07:46 AM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Yes, MM, tell us when you birthday is. I think we should all send you birthday greetings with a 'voluntary membership' donation to the cause of running this board! You should post your address and let us send you and the board a birthday present!

#58644 - 12/03/00 11:31 AM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You're all TOO kind!!! Okay, first, let me BEG you to NOT send those online/internet postcards/greeting cards where you go to a website, enter someone's email address, and that person gets an email that reads "Click here to get your greeting card!" MANY MANY of the websites that offer this service are collection grounds for email addresses to be used for SPAM purposes. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't enter MadridMan's email address on any website for any reason. I hope you understand. We all get enough SPAM as it is and trying to sift through the SPAM to get to the real MadridMan.com website-related emails can get trying. Thanks so much.

So. With all that said/begged, MadridMan's birthday is December 5th (yes, on Tuesday) so it's a little late for gifts. Your well wishes are quite enough, thank you. It's the thought that counts. Thanks, but I'd be happier if you kept your hard-earned money for your Spain-trip savings jar. That'll make me even happier. But hey, if you have some old Spain "recuerdos" (souvenirs) that are gathering dust and you think I'd like (or could use) them feel free to send them along. Also, those old, ugly, crinkled and dried out thousand dollar bills which have gone through the washer/drying are welcome too. I just hate those things. hehehee..

You can find my P.O. Box address towards the bottom of the " MadridMan's Videos " page. Free-to-make computer printed cards are always well received in my post office box too. You're all very kind. NOW I have to change my About MadridMan page to reflect my 35 year age! ugh! hehehe.. Oh well. I've done a lot in life. Clearly, you can see from my Live Cam and daily online journals from past trips that I spend almost all my money (what little I make, that is) on trips to Spain. And thank goodness for frequent flyer miles (2 trips to Spain free so far!).

Thank you one and all. Your well wishes in this thread and patronage on MadridMan's Spain Message Board are enough for me. This is what makes me happy. Thank you.

Sensitively yours, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58645 - 12/03/00 05:02 PM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Hey. Mine is the 6th! Happy birthday my fellow sagitarian (not that I actually believe that stuff)

hope you celebrate in style!!

#58646 - 12/03/00 06:37 PM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Happy Birthday Madridman for the 5th.

And to you as well Nicole. Us Sagitarians have to keep together even though we are on opposite sides of the World. Mine is on the 7th December.

And Madridman, don't despair over being 35 years old. Next Thursday I turn 55 years "YOUNG", and still enjoy most of the things that I did when I was in my 20's. It's all in the way you view your life and yourself.

David

#58647 - 12/04/00 12:09 AM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Thanks David. I needed that reminder. I haven't been feeling too great about my birthday.

MadridMan, you should see my apartment and wardrobe (never mind my car). Pretty sad. My wanderlust always takes precedence over material objects and makes me MUCH happier in the long run... although, I do really dig my computer (despite the fact that it cost the equivalent of a trip and a half to mi querida Espana).

#58648 - 12/04/00 11:36 AM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
MadridMan, Nicole & DavidB - a very happy birthday to all of you - and may this coming year in your lives bring you all nearer to your dreams and to Spain!

#58649 - 12/04/00 12:11 PM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Happy Birthday to all born in December. I, too will celebrate my 50 b-day on Dec. 10. My present to myself is a trip to Spain this December. Can you imagine I will go clubbing with my 20-year old daughter on New Year's eve in Madrid? Never expected in my wild dreams that I will be visiting Spain!

#58650 - 12/04/00 12:50 PM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Thanks Puna!

Mclarke. you are so cute!! You and your daughter are going to have a wonderful time together. What a great present to yourself. I have established a "Spain Fund" for myself. Next fall - I will be basking in the andalucian sun!

I think my MOm was 50 or 51 when she came over to Spain for my Spring Break. Everyone else went on a school-sponsored trip to Morocco. I would have LOVED to go too, but I am so glad I had that time with my Mom. We had such great time together, and I get all choked up when I think about it. She was such a great sport!

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 12-04-2000).]

#58651 - 12/04/00 08:53 PM Re: MadridMan's birthday?
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Thanks every-one for the Birthday wishes and for every-one out there who are fellow Sagitarrians - Happy Birthday.

My dreams are to get back to Spain again, and I know that they will come true, but unfortunately not until 2002. BUT they will come true. My love affair with Spain happened by accident, as I never had any desire to travel to Spain until a very good friend of mine met a Spanish Lady (from Madrid) here in Australia. Followed her back to Spain, proposed and eventually married her. It was because of the Wedding that my wife and I went to Spain on our last trip to Europe and fell in love with the Country.

Spain is like an old favourite coat. You are comfortable with it and don't ever want to give it up. I suppose it's also that I felt like I was back home in Australia but surrounded by strange sights and environment.

Any-way, as right now it's the 5th December here in Australia - Happy Birthday to you Madridman, and keep up the good work with this site.

David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments