Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58047 - 10/12/00 05:22 PM Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
All this hype and still NO REPORT. come on, all you party-goers. Tell us about the bar brillante reunion already!

#58048 - 10/12/00 07:10 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
NICE , REALLY NICE , at least I could meet to another young people like me, interested in Madrid and Madridman web, I met also to wonderful persons like Mark, Jan and a big big number of nice guys.

Madridman, and six people more including me went to "tapear" in some good "tavernas", then to a spanish disco for dancing spanish music, I had a great time and I hope to repeat it some year...

Greets to Antonio for driving us (Julia and me) to home, thanks and nice to meet you!

[Just corrected the name. Her name is Julia]

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 10-13-2000).]

#58049 - 10/12/00 07:21 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I think the "Party With MadridMan: Verions 2" at El Brillante was a great success!!! I´ll be sure to upload the few photos after getting home.

NOW you can read all about the party. JUST uploaded it about an hour ago. I stayed at Antonio´s Hostal Chelo and we went to the Dia de Hispanidad parade along the Castallana/Recoletos this afternoon (11:30-2pm) and then came home and had....well, you can read all about in MadridMan´s Madrid 2000 .

The party WAS great, put together about 5 or 6 tables and people were coming until about 11pm, but most came RIGHT at 9pm (most of which were NorthAmericans...how punctual we are! hehhe). Can´t wait ´til NEXT year!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58050 - 10/22/00 02:48 AM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
man that sounds like it would have been fun!!! i wish i could have gone...

#58051 - 10/31/00 04:23 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Still waiting for the photos!!!!!!

#58052 - 10/31/00 06:36 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hehehee.. I know, esq. I know! Esq was nice enough to ask about these photos via email the other day. I told him that I still need to swap the SCSI card for the scanner from my old computer to the new-ish one. I expect (or..I HOPE) to have this done by the end of the week. Sorry for the delay! I'll let you all know when I have them ready in this thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58053 - 11/04/00 02:27 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi EVERYONE!!! Can you believe I ONLY took TWO photos during the "Party With MadridMan: Version 2.0"?!! It's true. Here they are:

The Party Group (74K)
The Party Group (204K Same photo, but ZOOMED!)
Rafael, MadridMan, & Antonio (37K wasn't a quality print/photo unfortunately. Sorry Antonio)

The Party Group WITH Index (74K):
  • 1: Name Unknown, Married to #2, father of # 13
  • 2: Stephanie, from Florida, USA, Married to #1, mother of #13
  • 3: Nuri, very cute, half-Cuban, from the USA, and daughter of esq on this board
  • 4: Name Unknown - friend of Nuri
  • 5: The famed ANTONIO, of Hostal Chelo , from Madrid
  • 6: Rafael, from Madrid's Barrio Lucero and the MSX Power Replay website
  • 7: Dale, from the USA, journalist in Madrid with El-Mundo newspapers
  • 8: Julia, from Madrid, works for the tourist office
  • 9: Marta, friend of Julia
  • 10: Jon, from San Francisco, USA, (barely visible)
  • 11: John (I believe), from the USA
  • 12: Rich, from the USA
  • 13: Gabriel, daughter of #1 & #2
  • 14: MadridMan (that's ME!)
  • 15: "El Duende", from Spain, flamenco singer/dancer, friend of #17 Martin
  • 16: The lovely Nuria, from Madrid, of the famed Hostal Lopez
  • 17: Martin, from California, USA

Sorry there aren't more photos! Anyone from this party have any photos they'd like to share??

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 11-13-2000).]

#58054 - 11/04/00 04:19 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Uhm, it's a pity that there are only two photos. Furthermore, it doesn't reflect our natural beauty .

For those of you who were willing to see how did I look like, there you have it. Antonio, the friendly ghost. Or at least, that's what I seem to be with so much light on my face.

Madridman, I guess people who were anxious about the pictures won't be satisfied with only two, so next time remember to take more pictures.

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#58055 - 11/04/00 06:32 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Antonio, you know how it is. When you're talking, visiting, having fun, the last thing you think about is taking photos and "stopping the momentum" of the evening. I wanted to take more, but...in the end didn't. The flash, as you can see on both photos, seems to be less intense to the left and more to the right (sorry for you, Casper. hehehe). Often, when the person with the camera takes nighttime photos they are too close to the subjects and the light sensor/meter over compensates for the surrounding darkness, making the people in the middle too light. I don't really know what I'm talking about, but it sounds good, doesn't it?

Antonio, I tried everthing to make the photo darker using an imaging program, but it didn't do any good. We were all darker, but you still couldn't see any facial features. The print/paper/photo looks the same. So sorry.

PLUS, like the previous year, many of the photos for which I used the zoom were a bit out of focus and this was an expensive camera I bought specifically for last year's trip! Imagine my anger when I got back 5 rolls of film and many were out of focus!! I sent the camera back to the factory and they "fixed" it and it seemed to work fine this past year. But, then, it happened again during this year's trip. ARGH!

Saludos, MadridMan

#58056 - 11/04/00 06:58 PM Re: Well? How was the Bar Brillante party??
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
One of my customers showed me the pictures he was taking everyday with his Canon digital camera.

I strongly recommend a digital camera for a professional tourist like you. I can find out which model it was if you are interested. I was really amazed by the quality of the pictures.

By the way, I didn't mean to blame you for the photos. I understand all you've said but, will the rest of the people be so nice?. They may be disappointed by having only 2 pictures.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 11-04-2000).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 759 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments