Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#57872 - 10/02/00 09:54 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
... and in a post in this thread he says

"I arrive in Madrid Monday morning at about 9am."

So my guess is right now he's just finishing lunch (Madrid time 3:40pm)!

#57873 - 10/02/00 05:14 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
i am just so jealous right now it's unbelievable!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#57874 - 10/03/00 09:15 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HOLA!! I´m in a cybercafe ON the Puerta del Sol, but not by choice. The EasyEverything just north of here is closed for another hour so I´m paying high prices here.

Read my daily online journal at http://www.madridman.com/madrid00.html for my semi-daily updates. The account on my ladyfriend´s computer at home is missing it´s telephone number of access so I´m searching the web for it -- can´t fine it. This means I don´t yet have daily access.

Things are fine. Haven´t done anything yet. Now I´m going home for lunch. Just came here to FTP my daily online journal. Tomorrow begins it all!!!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

P.D. I seem to be full every minute of the day since I arrived yestereday morning. Even has churros for breakfast.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57875 - 10/03/00 10:09 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
MM, glad to hear from you!! We were all wondering if you'd arrived, what you were up to... yummm, churros. Que lo pases bien!

#57876 - 10/03/00 01:17 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Have a cafe con leche for all of us. Then, you better have una cervecita y una tapita for us too!
Have fun!

#57877 - 10/03/00 02:16 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
Madridman!!!, are you here???, call me when you want to do a walk, I´m waiting...

#57878 - 10/03/00 06:47 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I´m HERE!!! And, after setting-up/installing/figuring out what was wrong with the computer I finally got it working. AND, with a FREE internet access account from TeleLine InfoVía Plus, a Telefónica company. No floating advertisements or anything!

Anyway, it´s after midnight here now and I JUST got it working so I´m very very VERY happy not to have to rely on the cybercafés, but I don´t mind. It´s just not as convenient. So yes, things are great here (as you may have read already) and tomorrow begins the first big day.

replay, I´ll be calling you tomorrow (Wednesday). I know you´re busy from your schedule above, but will talk with you tomorrow. I´ll be calling lots of people here to make arrangements for events, meetings, and other stuff.

Tonight I had empanadas and tortilla de patatas. Mmm... And don´t forget the Mahou beer! Mmmmm... hehee.. Okay. Time for bed. I´m just starting to get readjusted to the time change. Thanks all for your greetings! Just uploaded the newest daily online journal!

Saludos, MadridMan (IN MADRID!)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57879 - 10/03/00 07:13 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Madridman,

Teleline free internet account gives you free internet access but NOT FREE LOCAL CALLS!!.

You won't have to pay for the access through the Teleline ISP but you do have to pay for the calls you make to a local number in Madrid. Note that it's a lot cheaper if you use it from 6pm to 8am (Saturdays and Sundays the whole day).

BTW, what happened at easyEverything cafe?. You said it was closed for a few hours. Did they have a big problem with their computers that they?.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#57880 - 10/03/00 07:54 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
MM, you are SO LUCKY!!!

There you are in Madrid, living in a real Spanish home, with a real Spanish señora, having a real Spanish life... Keep those journal entries coming with all the little details - I just love it! Boy, do I wish I was there, charlando con las vecinas. And the food!!! Will Mama Rosa share her recipes? I'm most interested in the alubias and the empanadillas. (Are the empanadillas de atún? Does she make her own pasta for them? Does she realize how famous she's becoming? Give her an extra dos besos!)

Turning bright green on the wrong side of the gran charco -
Diana

#57881 - 10/03/00 08:09 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Antonio, yes. I´m painfully aware of the cost of local calls to the ISP, but at least I have the free access (in MY name, actually). I spent so much time online last year at nights that when I left I put about 10,000 pesetas (bills) in a book and after I returned home I told them it was there. They were a bit angry with me, but it passed and they used the money. Yes, EasyEverything was closed this afternoon because their computers were down for a few hours. I was very sad for this. And now that I have the computer working at home I probably will only go once just to test it.

Diana, I believe the empandillas were with tuna and yes, she made the pasta herself. SO GOOD!! I can´t wait to have the garbanzos leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Man! As I said, I have NEVER been hungry here. BTW, not sure if Mama Rosa actually has recipes. I doubt it. All in her head during these 70-some years. heheehe. Mmm.. Those alubias blancas... MAN! they were good. She is such a sweetheart!!! More info tomorrow night!

Saludos, MadridMan (in Madrid!!!!!!)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments