Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#57862 - 09/29/00 08:52 PM countdown: MM's trip!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Looks to me like MM's packing and getting ready! Here's some requests (OK, don't try to smuggle in real chorizo). Please WRITE TO US from your favorite cybercafes and let us know of your adventures! Find us some GREAT places to eat and remember the addresses this time (!!!). As opposed to the usual "turn right when you enter the plaza and...". I give directions like this, don't I!! Please tell us what the trends are in fashion (white socks and nikes?!?!), music, films. We wish you BUENISIMO VIAJE y que lo pases bien (even though you are going solo!). And happy bar brillante party!

#57863 - 09/30/00 03:27 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Speaking of directons to places...
My favorite typical direction given en español is "a la derecha, al final"!
Gotta love the detalles.

MM-
Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
J-

#57864 - 09/30/00 04:32 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
MM,

Have a great time! (I'm sure you will!) We'll be enthusiastically awaiting your journal entries, and look forward to hearing even more about your trip when you come back. As our representative, please give Antonio and all our other Madrid-based message board friends a big hello in person from all of us!

Hasta pronto!

And for the REST of you stuck in places FAR from Spain -

Since MM and pals will be getting together for a wonderful time at the Bar Brillante on Wednesday, Oct. 11, how about making some use of MM's chatroom and meeting there in cyberspace the same day? We can chat about the board, MM's journey, experiences we've had in our beloved Spain... I know the time is a problem, but if lots of people try at some time that day, we should encounter someone. I'll try to be there between 6 and 7 pm, EST.

Hasta luego!

#57865 - 10/01/00 03:44 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
MadridMan will not be alone, his girlfriend Rosa and some "madrileños" are waiting for him, so we can be sure that Madridman will enjoy with the best Madrid´s trip he has ever made...

Good flight Madridmand and see you!!

#57866 - 10/01/00 08:39 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Your trip and the journal you keep on your site give me and the kiddies something to talk about!

You are probably at an airport right now preparing to head to Madrid.

Drop a few pesetas in the Bar Brillante slots for me...

Buen viaje, amigo.

#57867 - 10/01/00 08:46 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HEEEERE I GOOOOOOOO!!! Thanks for the well-wishes, folks. I do appreciate. I've probably been noticeably absent these past couple days - trip preparations as you can imagine. Be sure to check my Daily Online Jounal from time to time to see what I'm up to. I arrive in Madrid Monday morning at about 9am.

replay, unfortunately, this time around (can you believe it??) my ladyfriend will not be in Madrid, but rather here in the USA. I will, however, be staying with her family for part of the time and the other part in los hostales.

Hey replay!! I hope I'll see you at the " Party With MadridMan: Version 2 " on Wednesday October 11th at El Brillante!! Should be a lot of fun.

Good idea about the "get together" in MadridMan's Chat Room on the same day. Hope you have fun talking about everything I'm experiencing. I wish I could take you all with me...maybe someday, eh?

Jen, you can be sure that you'll get exact addresses from me....if they exist! rgf, have you seen my mess as I have been packing? WOW! Looked like a tornado came through here, but it's much better now. I'm packing an extra bag for goodies to bring back (coffee!!, clothes, recuerdos, etc. - but I'll have to skip the chorizo as there's only one place I can think to hide it where it wouldn't be immediately detected, but not sure it would be fit for consumption afterwards -- HEY!! I mean in my shoes!!!!).

Take care everyone. I'm already anxious to dart into a cybercafé while touring just to drop a line or two like Shawn did. That guy was GREAT!!!!

Saludos, MadridMan <-- see final image

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57868 - 10/01/00 05:54 PM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
Your girlfriend is not in Madrid!!
Oppss...you will miss her, and I thought that this is a good chance to meet her, let´s wait for another visit.

If you are reading this I suppose that you are in some Cybercafe of Madrid, I have free time in the next days:

Monday: wellcome Madridman!!
today I work from 9 to 13...no more
Tuesday:
Good day, the same free time (from 13 to night).
Wednesday:
I start my studies, so I haven´t free time
Thursday: idem
Friday: idem
Saturday: I am free!! like in Sunday (I think there is the "Fiesta de la Bicicleta"
Monday-Wednesday (Busy, but I will go to your party directly from my college), and I have "puente", so I have free days from 12 to 15th of October!!!!

16-17-18: BUSSYYY, but I would like to tell you "adios, te echaré de menos" before your departure to Columbus.

#57869 - 10/02/00 05:17 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
It 10am here in the UK, 11am in Spain - so I guess our intrepid hero should by now have made it to his first Hostal, assuming no problems on his flight. No posts yet though! Could something have gone wrong? The tension mounts!

#57870 - 10/02/00 09:27 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I think MM was leaving the US on Oct 2, o sea, he should arrive in Madrid la madrugada del 3, no?

#57871 - 10/02/00 09:44 AM Re: countdown: MM's trip!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
The mystery deepens! This is what he says in his diary (on this site).

[10/1] Woo Hoo!!! Leaving for Madrid in only a few short hours and I'm beside myself with excitement. SO MANY DETAILS!! Can you believe my connections? I leave Columbus, Ohio for Cincinnati, Ohio and then on to JFKennedy (New York City) and from there to Madrid, arriving at 9am tomorrow.

I take it "tomorrow" means 2nd of October, given the date of the entry. And the 9am is presumably local (Euro) time. On that theory he should be there. Perhaps he wrote it late at night, and "a few short hours" referred to some time the next day (ie. today!). I'm getting confused!

[This message has been edited by El Boqueron (edited 10-02-2000).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments