Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26843 - 02/08/01 04:42 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Visit Camp Nou in Barcelona (though I am no Barça fan mind you...) - it's the biggest in Europe and is pretty impressive.

#26844 - 02/08/01 06:01 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Miguelito Offline

Well Anchovy Front, probably I'm biased but which stadiums have you visited?
Where were you seated?
and what did you impress so much?
I guess you haven't visited V.Calderón in a good day. Of course it's smaller than Bernabeu, but it's a perfect stadium as you can see the match perfectly from any seat, I think that in a bigger stadium there are seats so far that you have to imagine rather than watch.
And from outside, Bernabeu it's really ugly, it's a cement mass. V.Calderon after the new works look like a modern building. You should visit it to compare, I have visited both.

#26845 - 02/08/01 10:55 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
There were many things that impressed me about the Bernabeu, Miguelito. Before the game we took in the atmosphere outside the stadium, then across the road for a few beers, tortilla bocadillos and brandies to keep us warm!

Buying the tickets by phone and picking them up with no queue was a big plus point. Access to the ground was easy, although as we were in Tribuna Superior Alta Fondo Norte, we needed to stop a couple of times to get some oxygen before continuing up the spiral ramp!

Inside the ground, the view was magnificent, albeit from a high position. The atmosphere were the 3,000 Malaga supporters was was amazing. During the game I went to the toilet, which was spotless. People were actually sweeping up in the concourse and keeping everything tidy. No queues at the refreshment bars. Great elecronic scoreboards. We were out of the ground within a couple of minutes of the game finishing, across the road to the Metro, as hort five minute wait there and then on the train. As I said, very impressive!

I have been to many grounds in England, but up to now in Spain, I have just been to La Rosaleda of course, in Malaga, the Sanchez Pizjuan in Sevilla (hostile natives!) and the Real Betis ground, which is only half rebuilt at the moment but will be just as good as the Santiago Bernabeu, when it's finished. We are planning on seeing Malaga in the Nou Camp next year, but unless a miracle happens we won't be seeing the Vicente Calderon for some time yet, I'm afraid!

#26846 - 02/08/01 01:02 PM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Miguelito, upon arriving Madrid last October I was SO surprised to see Calderon, the stadium of Club Atlético de Madrid . WOW! It's impressive!! If my memory is correct, it has a gray, smoked glass exterior now. While I haven't been to a soccer/fútbol game in my life, I have been in some of the nearby bars (to Calderon) after the game let out and WOW! What crowds!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26847 - 02/09/01 03:02 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Miguelito Offline

Yes, the new works has left it really impressive, although I have to complain about tidy rest rooms or the time it takes to go out. Another really impressive stadium is Estadio Olímpico in Seville, although it has a running road around the court so you see football a little bit farther. I hope to go this year again to the Copa del Rey final.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2041 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments