Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#18178 - 10/24/00 03:19 PM Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Last January I went to Tenerife and had a great time. The weather was in the low 60s, some rain. I'm thinking of Sevilla and Carmona (and of course a few days in Madrid!) over my Jan break this year... I don't need TROPICAL weather but I sure do not want to have cold, wet weather in Sevilla. So, experienced colegas on the board, describe what I might expect the first week of Jan. in Sevilla! thanks!

#18179 - 10/24/00 03:42 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
connie Offline

It sounds really weired, but is the truth: I was never ever as cold in my life as in Sevilla in January and February some years ago. However, I was told that I had particularly bad luck because there was an unusually prolonged rain period. Anyhow, some of the days were nice, and temperatures could even rise to 70, but at night, it seemed to go down to 40-50, which is not actually that bad, but the problem was that the buildings were badly insulated and there was no heating. The walls, the floor, everything WAS SO COLD! I bought additional socks, a second pyjama etc. in order to "survive". In Spain, they usually do not seem to heat as much as in the US, but in Sevilla it was extreme, it was as if they do not count with cold weather at all and hence you still find houses without heating. The elderly lady I stayed with thought we foreigners were pampered-but what can you do?
I think it is really a question of luck, you can have wonderful days in January, but I would make sure to stay in a place with good heating. What was great about that time of the year is that they were very few tourists. And you are still much more likely to have beautiful, sunny days than in other parts of the country.

#18180 - 10/24/00 03:48 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
My flamenco teacher who lived in sevilla for 10 years said that she felt like she was going to freeze to death in the winters in sevilla. ya it's cold. just lke connie said the buildings have like no insulation. My teacher said the same bricks that were her wall in her room, were the same that were the ones on the outside, she was really cold.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#18181 - 10/24/00 03:58 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
rgf-
Although I haven't been to Sevilla in January for some years, I do remember the incredible dampness. Yes, it is cold, and although I know you aren't a Midwesterner, I'm sure you're tough enough to handle it. The days can be dreary sometimes, although yes, it can rise to 60-70, but the nights are chilly and damp. The thing to remember though, is that you'll be in Spain, so who cares!?
Too bad you aren't going to be there a few weeks later so you could catch los Carnavales de Cadiz. Are you going to stay at the Parador in Carmona? (I think it's there, haven't been there, though).

Most homes have the braceros(is that what the under the table heaters are called?) but I don't know what hotels/hostales will have.
good luck. How are your Spanish classes going w/ your students?

#18182 - 10/24/00 04:11 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

I'm worried. Even though I live in Buffalo, I want to escape cold and damp!! If I go to Sevilla, I'll stay, FOR FREE, at the magnificent Alfonso XII (or XIII-- can never remember which). This is thanks to all the points I accumulate in my travels w/ Sheraton/Westin properties. So I'd be warm inside... still. Maybe I should go back to las islas Canarias instead! My classes are going fine, thanks! I'm always adding links for those interested in Latin American literature ( http://wings.buffalo.edu/~rfeal )

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 10-24-2000).]

#18183 - 10/24/00 04:57 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

PS, yes, in Carmona I would stay at the Parador-- also free because of all the puntos I got during my two week parador trip last summer!

#18184 - 10/24/00 07:45 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
miles Offline

Loc: atlanta georgia usa
might experience a bit of rain, but anytime is a fine time for seville.

#18185 - 10/25/00 01:26 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Jen Offline

rgf-
I'm pretty sure it's XIII. Wow! If you don't mind, can you tell us a bout this point thing? Is it w/ a credit card? If you're at the Alfonso XII, I'm sure they'll keep you nice and toasty there.

#18186 - 10/25/00 03:38 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Yes, the point thing is with a credit card-- the American Express-Sheraton card (free; read about it on the AMEX website). Plus you get points for staying at the Sheraton.Westin hotels, which I do on business about 6 times a year. All in all I rack up enough points, along with their bonuses, for several nights free at great places. Last year in Jan I spent a night at the Palace and 4 nights at the Mencey in Tenerife ---amazing places-- for FREE! check out the program at http://www.preferredguest.com

#18187 - 10/25/00 04:00 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Jen Offline

Thanks for the info. Gotta love this board!
I say go to Sevilla, even though it'll be a bit damp and chilly.

#18188 - 10/25/00 04:00 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Ana Offline

Loc: Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
Oh my god! You all scared me. I´m going to spend a few days in Sevilla in January but now I don´t know what to do! I´m going to lose my summer here to freeze in Spain! And I cannot take lots of luggage since i´m going by myself and i´m staying in hostels...Is there any hostel insulated?

#18189 - 10/25/00 04:10 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Ana-- I checked your profile and you are from Brasil. Well, the only place I know of in Spain with warm temps in Jan are the Canary Islands. But I think probably if you go to Sevilla knowing it gets dark early and it may be somewhat damp and cold.... you/we?! will be fine. All HOTELS will have heating, I am sure; the HOSTALES (small family run hotels) will be less consistent in their generosity w/ the heat I bet. Has anyone NOT frozen in Sevilla in January??

#18190 - 10/25/00 04:12 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I do love Sevilla and think you SHOULD go this winter, you probably will find it quite cool. I went during Semana Santa (springtime!!) and it was below freezing after dark for sure. All said it was unusual to be SO cold, but my goodness!! I was wearing ALL my packed clothes just to survive. We could see our breath and had no gloves.

Anyway, do you HAVE to go to Sevilla? Why not the more agreeable, all-year-round pleasant climate of Marbella or Málaga? I know. I know. Can you say..."TOURISTY!" Costa del Sol is jumping with tourists during the winters because of the great temperatures (70s-80 on average). Plus, Costa del Sol is more expensive than Sevilla. Hmm.. Tough choice. I'd say just go to Sevilla and take plenty of warm clothing since you'll be in a nice hotel during the nights for sleeping.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#18191 - 10/25/00 04:20 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Ana Offline

Thanks for all information, but can anyone tell me the temperature in "celsius degrees" cause i don´t understand pretty much the "farenheit degree". Were i live here in Brazil in quite cold, i don´t think it´s gonna be a huge weather change for me.

#18192 - 10/25/00 05:26 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Nah, I don't HAVE to go to Sevilla, but I do have to go to interesting places. Marbella ain't my idea of interesting. So, maybe I should consider other places in Andalucia with great paradores that might be warmer!

#18193 - 10/25/00 08:19 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
What a coincidence! We're going to Andalucia in January as well. I was a little worried about the weather too. But after thinking about it, we always visit Spain when it starts to heat up and I've never been there in January. So i'm looking forward to seeing another accept of this beloved country, not to mention fewer crowds.
I live in San Diego, and even though i'm not complaining, the 365 day 80 degree weather can get a bit monotonous.
Who knows, maybe those of us going in January can hook up and meet! I would love to meet all you insightful, helpful "MM members".

#18194 - 10/25/00 08:58 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

rgf, was it YOU, by chance whom a few days ago bought one of the "Historical Paradors: A Journey Through Spanish Hotels" through MadridMan's ALL Spain Market in the Books-Nonfiction category? I thought it might be you after reading about your love for the paradores. Just curious.

You can see the monthly temperatures for Sevilla (in Farenheit - sorry Ana) HERE .

Laduque, I hope you all can get together in Spain in January!! That would be great!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#18195 - 10/26/00 08:35 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

MM, It was not I who bought the HISTORIC PARADORES but that is a good idea! I'll put it on my holiday list! I have some books in Spanish, though. And the reason I love the paradores besides the obvious (great, interesting places) is that, with all their discount programs, I never pay more than 10 mil a night per ROOM. That's, CHA CHING, $50 with the 200 pesetas per dollar exchange reached yesterday!!

#18196 - 10/26/00 12:12 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Ana Offline

I'm not scared anymore. I found a converser Farenheit-Celsius at: www.uncwil.edu/people/dixonrd/tempconv.htm
and I also saw that Seville is one of the warmest cities among the others that i´m visiting. The average temperature in Spain in the winter, is the same as in my city here in Brazil, so it´s not a big deal.

Laduque, which days are you staying in Sevilla?

#18197 - 10/26/00 12:48 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Glad to hear the weather in Sevilla is "warmer" than others that time of year...
I will be in Granada from Jan. 9-12 and then Maybe Sevilla after that, still figuring out if we will visit friends in Cadiz or not..
We will be visiting family in Madrid from Dec. 27th to Jan. 16th, anyone else will be in the capital at that time? ( I know MissMadrid will be!!!)

p.s. I still don't know how to use the smiley icons!

#18198 - 10/26/00 12:54 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
missmadrid98 Offline

yes i will laduque!!!!!! here is the link to the smiley page!!! have fun

http://www.madridman.com/ubb/smilies.html

------------------

#18199 - 10/26/00 01:01 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

I'm planning to be in Madrid somewhere around Jan 2 or 3 through the 7th. Bar Brillante party sans MM?

#18200 - 10/26/00 02:34 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
connie Offline

Hey rgf, that would actually be a great idea!! I might be in Madrid around that time, too. Not yet 100 % sure, but it is very well possible.

#18201 - 10/26/00 03:21 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Ana Offline

I´ll be in Madrid only on jan 21 to feb 3
No one is going to be there that time?

#18202 - 10/26/00 03:31 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
missmadrid98 Offline

i will ana! i'll just become the i-need-a-friend-in-madrid-when-i-go person for everyone

------------------

#18203 - 10/26/00 04:23 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Ana Offline

That´s great missmadrid98 ´cause i´m going by myself and it´s nice to get to know people before going!!

#18204 - 10/26/00 04:49 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

laduque, I'm a Spanish professor. I see you teach, too. Spanish? How many Spanish teachers are we on the board? 80 degree weather all year, huh! That sounds nice to me. I always go to Spain when it heats up, too, and am looking forward to experiencing Madrid (again: i lived there in cold weather once) when the temp is below 35 c.!!

#18205 - 10/26/00 05:13 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I also teach spanish (part time), but I am not doing it this semester.

#18206 - 10/27/00 01:07 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
laduque Offline
Executive Member

A Bar Brilliante party sounds great, though it won't be the same without MM. Well, one day, ALL of us will be there together to share our stories!
MissMadrid, thanks for the smiley tip.
rgf, I just received my multi-subject credential to teach elementary school and I have a B.A. in Spanish.
Back to Spain in January, as the date draws near, we will set a date to all meet up! How does that sound?

p.s. MadridMan, thank you for this message board- it truly has breathed new life into my computer.

#18207 - 10/27/00 05:46 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm here to serve, laduque! It's my pleasure.

Unfortunately, Bar Brillante's terraza will be closed during the winter months (in fact, I think it's probably already closed) and there's only standing-at-the-bar space inside (no tables for sitting).

so rgf, GO to Sevilla. What the heck. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky with the weather and it will be unseasonably warm. Aaahhh.. Sevilla....

Saludos, MadridMan

#18208 - 10/27/00 08:40 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

OK, I'm going to Sevilla!!! Just have to book those tickets (looks like about $500 r/t buffalo-madrid is the best i'm doing jan 2-13-- sound good?). I'll have a total of 2 free nights at the Palace in Madrid and 5 at the Alfonso XIII in Sevilla!!! Talk about Spain on $5 a day... (the price of the famous book when i bought it in 1974!!). Off to teach... have to make the $$ to afford the constant tapas i plan to eat!

#18209 - 10/27/00 12:11 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Hey rgf, if you have not bought your tickets yet, I noticed on smarterliving.com that there were tickets to Europe from New York (I think) for about $289. I think it was British airlines...

#18210 - 10/27/00 02:37 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

The problem w/ British air for me is having to go Buffalo-JFK-London-Madrid. I can only 'take' one connection. WIsh I lived near NYC to be able to take advantage of all those deals! thanks!

#18211 - 10/27/00 03:22 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Bummer

#18212 - 10/30/00 04:28 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
markides Offline

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Ana & RGF

I am going to be in Sevilla from Jan. 8th- Feb 1st. I am traveling by myself and I would love to make some traveling buddies.

The weather is scarring my though, this sounds to cold for me!!

Let me know where you are staying, and how long you will be there.

#18213 - 10/31/00 05:13 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
please, please...calm down all. the weather in sevilla in january is not anything to be frightened by. is it cooler than any other time of year? yes, it is. is it a little wet at that time? that it is. HOWEVER, you are not taking your vactation in the far reaches of siberia. i was there in january 1999 and it was fine. the temperature during the day was usually near 10-15 degrees (55-60 farenheit)it was a bit damp during the morning hours, but was quite pleasant in the afternoon. at night it was a little cool, but nothing a good coat wouldn't take care of. it sure didn't stop me from walking from the barrio santa cruz to the triana just about every night. it rained briefly for one day, however even in this i was able to walk along the gualdalquivir to the parque maria luisa and up to the top of la giralda.(let me tell you, to be up there in the rain....ah me, so beautiful!!) all of you will be just fine. just be smart about how you dress.

#18214 - 10/31/00 05:16 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

ana:
i'll be in madrid as well during that time. missmadrid and i will start our i- need-a-friend-in-madrid hotline now. =)

#18215 - 11/01/00 02:09 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

you can count me in for a gathering in january. i'll be in madrid as well

#18216 - 11/01/00 11:51 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
markides Offline

RGF,
I will be in Madid from the 2 to the 7th also(JAN). I would like to connect with someone.

I am traveling by myself.

Calling all people who are in Madrid Jan 2-7 !!!

#18217 - 11/01/00 11:58 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Ana Offline

markides and nicholeye,
I´m so glad i´m making friend´s before traveling.
Do you speak spanish?
´Cause actually i´m going to Spain to practice my spanish, but, anyway, I think I can practice my english too (which by the way i´m forgeting)!

*if you speak french, that will be great too.

#18218 - 11/02/00 12:17 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
markides Offline

hey nicholeye
thanks for the heads up on the weather.
i am not really concerned with the weather
as much as i am concerned with my living
conditions, ie heater, insulation. i think
the cold will be fun, at least for a little
while.

ana, i would love to meet you in sevilla!
i need some travel friends, i emailed you

#18219 - 11/02/00 04:56 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

ana and markides:

i'd be more than happy to meet up with you at some point while you're in madrid. like missmadrid and i said...we have our i-need-a-friend-in-madrid hotline going. =) it will be great.
ana, unfortunetly my french extends only to one year of study when i was 13. i would say its about as good as my portuguese...meaning i do not know it beyond a couple of words. as for practicing english, you're doing wonderfully with it here. course practicing conversational skills is not difficult. there are quite a few of us here that can help you.

#18220 - 11/02/00 06:38 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

By the way, rgf, I STILL think you should go to Sevilla. Imagine/Remember strolling through Barrio Santa Cruz or Triana (across the river), seeing countless garden patios, hearing the passionate music from Andalucía. Aaahh... Sevilla... Decide quick before you change your mind and fall into this "Let's Meet In Madrid!" digression. heheheheheee!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#18221 - 11/02/00 12:31 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Jen Offline

I agree, RGF- Go to Sevilla for sure! Ahhhh, Sevilla...

#18222 - 11/02/00 02:19 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
markides Offline

Nicholeye,

I will be in Madrid from Jan 4 - 7th.
My plans have slightly changed!

Will you be there around then?
We should get together.
I have a hostal around Puerta de Sol. (surprise!)

#18223 - 11/02/00 05:42 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

rgf:
i agree with madridman...get yourself to sevilla!! go and enjoy all that its has. winter or no, anytime in sevilla is a beautiful. barrio santa cruz, the alcazar, la giralda, the triana, plaza espana...do go!!

#18224 - 11/03/00 08:27 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

ok, ok, i'm going to Sevilla!!!! Like i told y'all, i've booked five FREE nights at the Alfonso XIII so my hard working marido (gallego) and I can enjoy Andalucia in style!! We'll also stay a few nights in madrid...

#18225 - 11/05/00 01:54 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
I think everyone should have one standing rule in life : GO TO SEVILLA WHENEVER YOU CAN! And staying five nights at the Alfonso XIII?! WOW! I went there for breakfast in May (which cost as much as my room at Hostal Arias a block away off of Pla. de Jerez), and just walked around the place. It is fabulous. You'll be living in style there. Enjoy!

#18226 - 11/05/00 08:36 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

You can bet i will NOT be having breakfast at the Alfonso XIII, but will be looking for the corner bar for my cafe con leche y un croisan. Remember, I'm staying at the Alfonso XIII for FREE thanks to the miles on my Sheraton-AmEX credit card (and because I stay at Starwood hotels several times during the year, mostly on biz).

#18227 - 11/05/00 08:50 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Sevilla in January is heaven, especially if you are from NYS. Isn't the poster of this topic from Buffalo? If that is correct then Sevilla will seem like heaven in January. (I
am from central NYS and drive through Buffalo almost weekly on route to Niagara.)

Once, I went to Sevilla in February (1997) and one from my group insisted that we stay at a hotel that had central heating. We lucked out and never needed it.

I am going to Madrid in February 2001 and might go to Sevilla, but only if the Madrid weather is wet and cold.
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Paradise/4632/index.html

#18228 - 11/05/00 09:54 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Sofia, yes, I am at the Univ. at Buffalo, so indeed, Sevilla in January should be heaven! Eres prof. de espanyol tambien?

#18229 - 11/05/00 02:40 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Si, soy profesora de un colegio secundario en la ciudad de Geneva.

#18230 - 11/05/00 07:04 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Tina Offline

Loc: near barcelona/spain
As long as you make sure that the hostal/hotel you go to has the facility to provide you wiyh adequate heating you are o.k.But let me asure you , Seville even now is not a warm place to stay during the hours without sun.But even if you do find a Hostal a a good price the problem of heating can be solved by buying a cheaply aquired hot air blower you can buy in any store in spain.
We are living in Sevilla since the last 7 years and had hot times in Jan as well as freezing ones and certainly wet ones too.But the cicle of weather the last 3 years did not provide us with enough water to asure water for the coming summer....meaning, that now to this very day, we are debating to ration water already and to penalize people who use to much.Come to Sevilla ...ya

#18231 - 11/05/00 07:07 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the enouragement! Any good restaurants you want to add to the 'where to eat in Sevilla" list?

#18232 - 11/06/00 03:21 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

rgf:
glad to see we have it all settled for you. you're going to sevilla, staying at the alfonso xiii for FREE, and are going to have a spectacular time. its decided!! no arguments!! =) =)have a wonderous time.
madridman, thanks for the smart aleck remark about diverting rgf to madrid. i don't ever recollect doing so in any of my posts.

#18233 - 12/01/00 06:40 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Guapetona Offline

Sevilla is great in January. Especially for New Year's. Lots of cotillones or bars you can go to. Everybody is out and ready to party!
Pack warm and great ready to drink - especially if you are going around Christmas andNew Year's.
Viapol has got some good clubs, there's huge Boss in Triana. If you like smaller parties go to San Fernando.You know that song from Manolo Garcia?
"Llevame esta noche a San Fernando.."?
Great place, alot of fun!!
Sevilla just has a special color around these dates.
Good Luck!!

#18234 - 12/01/00 09:01 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

It's the "pack warm" that worries me... I do have to remind myself to do this. I'm very psyched to spend some time in Sevilla after so many decades of Madrid y el norte. I will arrive on Reyes... hopefully the whole town won't be locked up, but rather out de paseo with the kids and their new toys...

#18235 - 12/18/00 10:21 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Z0r0 Offline

Loc: Ithaca NY, USA
Hey everyone. I'll be in Spain Jan 6-18th. I'm flying into Madrid, and thinking of heading down to Seville/Granada towards the end of my trip... probably 14-18 or so. I'd love to meet some fellow travelers! Please reply if you're going to be in the area.

#18236 - 01/01/01 04:03 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Hey, rgf!!

Have a great trip to Sevilla! Can't wait to hear all about it upon your return.

That is, if the airports are open back east there!

Kurt

[This message has been edited by Kurt (edited 01-01-2001).]

#18237 - 01/01/01 06:16 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Thanks, Kurt, we are off to Espanya on Wednesday! True, the airports back east are nightmare. Just flew back from DC the other day and half the coast was closed. Wish me luck! Yes, I'll be sending my report when I get back... hope it is all interesting/.good stuff !

#18238 - 01/02/01 09:08 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
rgf - Have a wonderful couple of weeks! We all look forward to reading your comments when you return.

#18239 - 01/02/01 01:14 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Does anybody know the dates for this years Feria in Sevilla,

thanks

#18240 - 01/02/01 03:26 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
On the subject of Sevilla does anybody know when the Feria is this year, the exact dates that is.

Seem to have put in place my 'lost' post when I made this one!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by steveaqui (edited 01-02-2001).]

#18241 - 01/02/01 04:32 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Palm Sunday is April 8th and Easter Sunday April 15th ...

And for those of us from the US - isn't there something intrinsically wrong about celebrating Easter Sunday and the IRS tax deadline on the same date?

#18242 - 01/06/01 08:03 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Well,RGH you must be due back soon so I'm sure we're all curious to hear if you froze in Sevilla! Sevilla is one of our day/side trips from Palencia in July. Any suggestions for must sees (or eat or do) that would avoid the masses of tourists? Also if you have that address in Santander for apt. would be appreciated.Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments