Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17854 - 08/02/00 06:12 PM Madrid city views
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
Madrid, what a wonderful city!, but do you know what´s one of the special characteristics of Madrid??, the hills, even could be called as mountains (inside the city) for dutch people.
Madrid has cool views from different (and normally unknowed) big hills located in different city corners, now I want to tell you where you can see impressive city views:

Mica hill: close to Lucero barrio, with 720mt of altitude this hill offers the best city views because you can see Casa de Campo, dowtown (Royal Palace and Almudena cathedral...), Castellana skyscrapers, Puerta Europa towers (KIO), all the south ciy part and nice mountains views.
Be careful in winter, the temperatures are very very cold in this hill with frequent strong north winds, in summer it´s very pleasant to visit it in the sunset and sunrise.
Metro and local trains -> LAGUNA. Bus -> 31 and 55 (Plaza Mayor and Atocha).

Tio Pio hill: Close to the Rayo Vallecano football team stadium, in Vallecas, it has 680mt and it offers you another great views of the Retiro park, dowtown, the Atocha railways, and all the southwest of big Madrid.
Metro: Buenos Aires and Portazgo
Bus: 54,57,58 and 136 (54 from Atocha)

Next days I will publish more impressive hills.

#17855 - 08/02/00 07:20 PM Re: Madrid city views
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This is fantastic, replay!!!!! Not surprisingly (to you, especially because you live in the same neighborhood as my ladyfriend), I chose Mica Hill as a point to videotape a part of MadridMan's Madrid Video at night of the beautifully illuminated Palacio Real (Royal Palace), La Almudena (The Almudena Cathedral), Torre de Madrid & Edificio de España (buildings around Plaza de España), and San Francisco El Grande (Large domed church of San Francisco).

This hill DOES provide a wonderful view of Madrid at night. If you're lucky enough you'll see the moon rise over the city. JUST BEAUTIFUL! Aaaaahhh.... Replay, you've brought back some wonderful memories and reminded me of a view of Madrid that very very few people know about.

I'll be visiting you for sure in October, replay, since you just live a few blocks from where I'll be staying in Barrio Lucero.

Saludos, MadridMan

-----------------------------
Love Pop Music from Spain? Listen to samples of Miguel Bosé on MadridMan's ALL Spain Market !

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments