Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31251 - 04/13/04 12:47 PM Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Clyboy89 Offline

I know that Europe has very liberal drug laws. But what are Spains drug laws?? Does Madrid have any coffee shops like amsterdam?? I traveling to madrid and barclona in may and would like to know if I can visit any coffee shops since this will be my first time in europe and would like to experince a real coffee shope

#31252 - 04/13/04 01:00 PM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Then you should head for Amsterdam. Nothing like that here, sorry. Our laws are quite severe against drugs.
Anyway, you can find easyly what you want, but not officially. No coffee shops.

#31253 - 04/13/04 01:03 PM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
As to the drug laws...as I understand it...pot is legal...you just can't sell it, buy it or grow it...that's against the law. Harder drugs? Well, like here...no.

Coffee shops? I assume you mean for drugs since coffee shops are all over the place. Don't know.

But be advised: drug laws in Europe (in the countries where, obviously there is a ban) are considerably more stringent than here...and more importantly, the US Embassy will not help.

Sheryl

#31254 - 04/13/04 04:00 PM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
A friend of mine told me that you can grow one plant in your apartment for private consumption. Generally the polica don't hassel people for smoking it if they are discrete. They concentrate on the dealers. Dealing is VERY illegal.

One thing to think about: the attacks on the 11 of March were funded by dealing drugs, credit card scams and bank robberies. If you smoke, you might be supporting a terrorist organization. The Goma 2 explosives were paid for with hashish.

#31255 - 04/13/04 11:20 PM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Roe Offline

Loc: california
When in Rome, do as the Romans. When I was living in Spain last year people mixed tobacco and rolled up cigarettes with the mix. Look around and see what other people are doing. If you are in an area with a lot of young people and you see people smoking hash, it's probably ok. Some people smoke hash in cafes, some in the parks, and everyone in the universities. My experience is in Bilbao, so things might be different in other parts of Spain.

The cafes DO NOT sell drugs though. It's my opinion that Spain's legal treatment of marijuana is very relaxed for small time consumers. Just remember that even though the posibility is extremely small, you might get caught, which will probably make your vacation a big downer.

#31256 - 04/15/04 03:32 AM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Clyboy89 Offline

Thank you it is good to see that not everyone is a tight ass

#31257 - 04/15/04 03:37 PM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Madrid Ex-Ex-Pat Offline

Loc: Texas
I just came back from living in Spain. Previous posts are correct. It is legal to smoke pot, but NOT legal to sell or buy. Just the same with prostitution. It is legal, but not pimping.

There are no cafes that sell. I can't give you advice from first hand experience, but I do know you can score in just about every nightclub and especially at Plaza Dos de Mayos.

I agree with Martin de Marid. Since the bombings and the link with funding from drug sales, I would be very careful as the government is likely to not be looking so favorably on people buying and selling drugs.

I apologize to other posters if giving specific advise on where to get drugs in Madrid is inappropriate. Not sure where the line is?!?

#31258 - 04/27/04 11:28 AM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Clyboy89 Offline

Whats up i thank you for all of your help. but i found what i wanted. there is a "grow shop" in barclona. it was hard to find on the internet but i just looked for ganga in spain and i got to a web site that had a link to it. but thank you post if you need help find the site

#31259 - 04/27/04 03:24 PM Re: Madrid:"Coffee Shops"
Tadd45 Offline

Loc: Boston Ma. USA.
Clayboy, your def a 17-20 yr old american..right?

I would suggest making a trip to Amsterdam, is a hop and a skip from Spain, and its all your looking for. I went when I was 20, about 7 years ago, and had a great time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1698 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments