Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28815 - 09/14/03 11:22 AM tasca's and tenagers mix question
alexpo Offline

Hi
I am wondering whether I will be able to take my 13 old sun to join me and my wife on tapas tasting tour?
Do local customs accept such behaviour?
What non-alcoholic bevarages are available in Spanish taskas?

Thanks
Alex

#28816 - 09/14/03 12:06 PM Re: tasca's and tenagers mix question
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi alexpo!
You can set your mind at ease because you'll likely see MANY youngsters in the tapas bars in Spain. Bars, in Spain, are typically family places and not places to drink-and-get-drunk like in other bars in the world (like in the USA for example). You'll probably even see entire families, strollers, and kids running about in nearly all bars in Spain.

As for non-alcoholic drinks, there are many. Spain has lots of juices and soft drinks available to kids. AND I suppose the 13-year old could order a non-alcoholic beer ("SIN") - depending on your approval, of course. wink

Where in Spain are you going? Wherever you go, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#28817 - 09/14/03 12:12 PM Re: tasca's and tenagers mix question
alexpo Offline

Thanks for your reply.
We are going around Spain and Portugal
starting on 24th at madrid and then following to Segivia, Salamanca,Coimbra, Nazare, Lisbon. Evora, Sevilla, Arcos, Gibraltar, Nerja, Granada, Toledo

Do you have any family frendly (and authentic) eateires recommendations?

#28818 - 09/14/03 05:36 PM Re: tasca's and tenagers mix question
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Alexpo, MadridMan is right. A bar has a different connotation in Spain than in the U.S. Bars open in the morning for people to have their chocolate and churros or cafe. They serve lunch, dinner, or tapas, to entire families. Sometimes you'll see rug rats running around the bars as late as midnight or later because that's where the entire family goes to socialize. Your son could order all the typical soft drinks, a limonada (lemonade), or zumo (juice).

#28819 - 09/14/03 05:41 PM Re: tasca's and tenagers mix question
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
I have visited Nerja this week .You have to see
"Las cuevas de Nerja" they are impressive, for me was incredible .

Near Nerja there is a small village :Frigidiana.
is a nice white village on the hill, you can have lunch in an argentinian restaurant in the top of the hill , with a nice vision of white villages and the Mediterranean sea.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments