Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5152 - 01/31/03 07:18 PM Madrid:Apartamentos Hispano
Marianpo Offline

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
My husband and I are debating whether to book an apartment at Apartamentos Hispano on Hortaleza, which we found through MadridMan , which, by the way, is an incredible site. Our other choice is Apartamentos Principe , which has already been reviewed here. The price is right in Hispano, a one-bedroom cheaper than a tiny studio at Principe, and it looks as if it might have a balcony. (They haven't answered my e-mail questions yet.) Any opinions?

#5153 - 01/31/03 08:43 PM Re: Madrid:Apartamentos Hispano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Take a look at a photos and map of the location of Apartamentos Príncipe, 11 on the QDQ.com site HERE and Apartamentos Hispano HERE .

Prícipe, 11 is about 1.5 blocks from Plaza Santa Ana. I REALLY love this area. It has such charm and is definitely OLD Madrid. It's also very close to Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, and all of the sites in Old Madrid.

Hispano is also considered "Old Madrid" but not as "old". hehehe.. I don't think it's quite as charming either but it IS well located near (what I like to call the Greenwich Village of Madrid) Chueca which is charismatic in its own right. It's also not too far of a walk (what, 10-15 minutes?) to Puerta del Sol.

Looks to me that if you ask for an exterior-facing room at either place you'll get a small balcony.

Apartamentos Hispano hasn't answered your emails yet? Write them again and say we were discussing them on the message board and that should rouse them to replying quickly. hehehe.. (well... maybe not.. but you never know)

Check out the QDQ.com links above, take a virtual walk through each of the respective neighborhoods and use that in your decision making process.

And please, whichever you choose, would you be so kind as to return to this, your thread and review your chosen establishment so that others may benefit? smile Thank you and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5154 - 02/03/03 03:41 PM Re: Madrid:Apartamentos Hispano
Marianpo Offline

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Thank you, MadridMan, for directing me to the fabulous QDQ site, which not only let me see any address I wanted, but also helped me find a nearby laundry by typing in the zip code at its business-finding section.
Apartamentos Hispano replied, telling me only that they had an apartment available on the dates I wanted and that it would be 52 euros a day. Not bad, but the other questions were ignored.
In any case, I booked at Hostal Madrid, Esparteros 6 (practically on the Plaza Mayor), which has both hotel rooms and two classes of apartments. I booked a "standard apartment" for two people at 84 euros a day, not cheap, but it looked charming and I was promised they would hold for me the only one with a window on the street. I will report back after my trip in March.
Thank you again for your help.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1739 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments