Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
Topic Options
#76137 - 01/23/03 04:43 PM War on Iraq is point less
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
The war on Iraq is completely point less and nothing will come out of it other then lots of dead Iraqis and a few dead Americans and mabey even a few terriost attacks on America I will put sseveral reasons why there is no point to the war
1.The Iraqs are hardly a threat to the US militarily
2.If Iraq get or has a nuke it doesnt matter because Iran North Korea Paghistan have nukes and these are capable of giving a terriost organization a nuke just like Iraq why don't we attack Paghistan and Iran as well if we are worried about weapons of mass destruction.I can understand not attaking N.Korea since they have around 1 million active troops South Korea well be ran over.
3.America doesn't need more hate from the middle east
4.The middle east al ready has enough war it doesn't need anothere
5.There is no proof Iraq has nukes.
6.This is George Bush's personal war and is not the best interest of America,'
7.The US will have a mass terriost attack by nuke or Bio chemical war fare EVENTUALLY mabey in 40 20 yrs. or mabey tomorow and im sure they can manage to do it with out Suddam
8.The US is waiting to see some thing happen in Iraq so that the War Like nation of the US can attack them much like they did to Spain with the Maine which of course was not blow up by Spain America used it as an excuse
9.The US is the most war like country in the modern era.
10.In other words theres just no point that is in less the goverment knows some thing we dont....
So shut up about attacking Iraq because it just a waste of time and need less death. Suddam or no Suddam the US will get anothere heavy blow from Terriosts lets just face the facts besides we all ready support the Jews which opprese the Palestinians.

#76138 - 01/23/03 08:12 PM Re: War on Iraq is point less
NEWYORKRED Offline

Loc: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
My dear Quintos233,
I prefer to disagree with you on a few statements regarding the thin line running as we speak on the Iranian situation.

1. The reality is, no one citizen wants to have a war. It is not fair for either side.

2. Saddam Hussein is a despot, a tyrannical figure no different than the original warloads and the royalty amongst the soverign Arabic nations that have and continue to hold the Middle East in a " servitude position"

3. The hate you post provided by the "Americans", has long been withstanding, with the European influence as far back as pre-Napoleonic influence"

4. The concern is Al-Quaida. The key flesh point whereby the many years of in
filtration have budded by the influence of the Saudis as noted by the banks owned by the Saudis and continued funnelling of monies from the "infamous" Bin-Laden families.

5. Quintos233, I have studied and taught World History for over 12 years, post graduate, the effects of the Middle East over 1000 yrs in terms of land ownership, power, and archeological notables has been such that many nations including those like the Coptic Egyptians, Sudan, Yeman, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, etc the question is as follows: WHO BELONGS TO WHAT AND WHERE ARE THE BOUNDARIES? YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THE HATRED AND THE NEED FOR FUNDAMENTALISM WAS BROUGHT ABOUT TO ERASE A HOMOGENOUS THINKING BUT FOR THE INDEPENDANCE OF THOSE WHO LIVE THERE

6. You forget, that at one time the Middle East was left to fend for itself till the early 20th century, the age of industrialism with oil as a powerful tool of independance. The Saudis and the Lebanese as well as the Kuwaiti's held that significant power as noted by the 1970's oil crisis here in the USA. Former President Carter in his efforts could not threaten nor could he fill his dream of self preservation of energy through other resources the USA had, therefore large corporations abroad pushed the Middle East problem into a smoking gun.

7. Please forgive me, your last statement suggests you are an anti-Semite. If you believe the Jews are the reasons the USA are highly involved think again. Think as a tactician, not as a religious racist, please .

8. BY THE BY, CAN YOU TELL ME FOR PERSONAL REFERENCE , HAVE YOU SEEN AN AK-47 IN YOUR FACE OR BEEN IN NY ON SEPTEMBER 11, THAT FATEFUL DAY. I HAVE AND I CAN SAY WAR IS NOT PRETTY NOR IS IT FAIR!!!!! PLEASE BE KIND IN AND A LITTLE MORE REFERENTIAL IN YOUR STATEMENT

QUINTOS233, Please do not take this retort as an affront but as a small lesson.

MUCH RESPECT MY FRIEND IN THIS TIME OF UNEASINESS

#76139 - 01/24/03 11:49 AM Re: War on Iraq is point less
eldondre Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I do not pretend to have any real insight into the middle eastern region but I would like to say a few things. First, it is quite possible the Maine was sunk, or actually sunk indisrepair, in a ploy to stir war with Spain. This also happened to be America's first imperialist endeavor that the Republicans backed full heartedly. Oddly enough, we did not get control of the country we wanted (Cuba) but two thers that were fo questionable value to us (PR and the Philippines). One prof at Yale (William Sumner) wrote scathing piece abotu hwo spain conquered America which basically derided our gov for treating these colonies and the war jsut as colonial Spain. taht is taking people and manipulating them for the home country's benefit with complete disregard for their liberty...not exactly a foudning principle. Iraq has not been shown to have any chemical or nuclear weapons that we should fear. Iraq is not the most suportive nation of Al Queda (see Saudi Arabia) nor the most tyrannical. they were justified in attacking Kuwait in as far as it can be. This is a war about oil and providing lucrative contracts for powerful miltary interests, not to mention money for the military itself. We want Iraqi oil and since we can;t openly make them a colony like we still have in Puerto Rico and abuse them as such, we will simply put in a US stooge and cal it a democracy. I am American and love my country but it sickens me to watch us stray so far from the ideas of the good Gearge (Washington) and his crew. I belive the people of Europe (who gave us colinialism and interventionism) are no longer imperialistic for two reasons: 1) they are too weak and 2) they destroyed their societies in two wars. The American people, having been propagandized by a semi-autonomous press have to come to see thigns how they were intended to. Most of us just want to be fat, happy, and employed but our leaders want glory. It's an age old problem. Leaders send others sons to die for their glory.

#76140 - 01/24/03 05:15 PM Re: War on Iraq is point less
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
I live in Spain as an expatriate in great part because of the horrible mess of US politics and policy, pseudo-democracy and mental enslavement of the masses to become mindless consumers. To wit, I no longer could LOVE Amerika, so I LEFT it! (By the way, I am a former Marine Corps Company Aid Man, and Navy Hospital Corpsman, and got disabled trying out for the Navy SEALs, so don't pull my strings about patriotism, I've done my time the hard way as a volunteer).

#76141 - 01/24/03 09:48 PM Re: War on Iraq is point less
Quintos233 Offline

The Jews in Isreal definetly oppres the Palestinians the Jews are no longer the victims like they were in World War 2 I do not really support Isreal or Isreales. Don't be fooled because although Isreali support is not the only reason the muslims hate us it is definetly one of or the major reasons the hate us.

#76142 - 01/24/03 11:50 PM Re: War on Iraq is point less
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
OF COURSE!!!
The Maine was sunk in Havana Harbor in 1899 by someone other than the Spanish.....
Therefore any action in Iraq is illegal!
Makes perfect sense...

#76143 - 01/25/03 05:32 AM Re: War on Iraq is point less
junknira Offline

Loc: oakland, ca
tired of hearing folks in U.S. try to justify this war. I think that the massive numbers for the last protest and the fact that most of the rest of the world is against this charade,should give SOME americans pause when they try to defend bush'whack'. I too am leaving for spain, not soon enough tho, due to the b.s. politics of this government and the consumer mentality of the people.

#76144 - 01/25/03 03:43 PM Re: War on Iraq is point less
Quintos233 Offline

Kurt that is not what I said reread the sentence I was comparing two similiar situations in a sense.

#76145 - 01/26/03 01:48 AM Re: War on Iraq is point less
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
I have read what you said, Mr. Q, and it is complete horse s**t from begining to end. The U.S is the only nation that is willing to confront Islamic Facism and it is being forthrightly abandoned by its "allies", most of whom would not exist today if it were not for the generosity of this nation. For those who insist on leaving the USA because of its "culture", please go by the fastest means available. But first thank your lucky stars that you have the freedom to do so, and also that the wicked "consumer culture" of this land has provided you with the material means to reloctae overseas. There you can wear berets, sip lattes, and bad-mouth the country that provided Europe with a Facist- and Communist-free future.

#76146 - 01/26/03 07:46 AM Re: War on Iraq is point less
Roe Offline

Loc: california
Some people have said that the war is over oil. Iraq signed oil contracts with French and Russian companies at huge discounts so that the companies will lobby their governments against war so that their contracts and huge profits will go ahead without problems. Just so you know who´s in this for the oil....

While the US has helped eliminate facism and communism in Europe, look at how many dictators we supported in Latin America in the past.

Did anyone else watch Collin Powell´s speech at from Davos today? It seemed to me that it clearly stated the US position and reasons for a war in Iraq. For as upset as people are about the situation in Iraq it seems few people are really looking at what people are saying and doing.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
la calma
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1638 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments