We, too, had a bad experience in February 2000 with both Iberia and American airlines. Other members of my group were ready to lynch the airline staffs! My story is too long to post. The stewards on Iberia acted as if they hated us and they hated the job. The poor inexperienced clerk who booked our seat in Madrid split our group in an inappropriate manner, then processed our luggage, which was lost, to the address of one single person. Only the head person in charge of the stewards was able to help us in a kind manner on Iberia.

American Airlines refused to board us on the domestic portion of our return flight. They had overbooked, and only let us on once the other people did not show up. They lost our luggage by mixing up two entire plane loads!

Did you notice the poor air quality on Iberia? When I and one of my fellow travelers started to fall asleep, we got terrible chest pains. I think there was a shortage of oxygen, which is not that uncommon on airlines.

British Airways is the best! Even the bathroom on the airplane is like a palace.
They get you to Spain in comfort and style.