Hi Yesca and group!

So sorry to hear about your experience on Iberia, but I think that by now EVERYONE has heard similiar stories. What a shame!!

I flew from Madrid to the USA last spring on SpanAir (one of the biggest international competitors of Iberia) and found it to fine, average, nothing spectacular, but did find the attendants to be a bit cold. I don't attribute this so much towards rudeness as I do to the difference in cultures and the difference in expectations that many people in the world (particularly those of us in/from the USA) have for quality of service.

We Americans typically have over-the-top expectations with many services, expect more than we pay for, get whatever we can get for free, get/require/demand discounts, get it all for almost nothing sometimes. I do think that services and airlines have to draw the line somewhere and wish there would be more standardizations in the flight industry. BUT, how do you standardize hundreds of countries?

Maybe it's the differences that make a country great, good or bad, better or worse, just different. Different countries have different rules and while many of us "Americans" are spoiled, I think a smile every now and then, even an obvious false one, could go a long way in the airline business.

My two cents,

MadridMan (on vacation)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog