We just returned from Madrid on 5/30. Although our vacation was excellent, the flight to and fro was a nightmare. We flew Iberia Air, a Spanish airline affiliated with American Airlines. The trip over wasn't so bad but the seating on these planes is unbelievable! There are at least 5 too many rows of seats. I measured the distance from the arm of my seat to the back of the seat in front of me and the distance was less than 6 inches! Way too cramped for an 8 hour flight! The flight attendants are bad too. They should be called flight inattendants. After serving the scheduled lunches, you never see them again. If you call them to your seat, they don't respond and they'll tell you, if you want anything else, you have to get up and walk to the back of the plane to get it. The return from Madrid was a nightmare. Iberia, unlike most airlines allows passengers to guarantee their seats up to 24 hours in advance. So, although we arrived at the airport 2 hrs. early for our 12:30 flight, they had no seats for us. They had oversold the flight and about 20 people with tickets were unable to fly. We got bumped to a flight leaving at 4:55pm which put us home 26 hours after waking up that morning. So, please take this advice and do NOT fly Iberia. Iberia left a black stain on the memory of my first experience in Spain. Spend a few extra dollars and save yourself a fortune in misery!