We are at present staying at Hotel Valencia www.hotel-valencia.com for 60 euros +iva per night. This includes a good continental breakfast. Free Wifi is available throughout the hotel. Its in a good position in a side road just a couple of mins from Valencia N train station. The only downside at the moment, is that the road outside is having new pipes laid so it is noisy from 8am, though I would expect the work to be finished in the next week.
We had a look at Pension Paris ( mainly because they advertise "Wifi zone"), the man there speaks good english and the Pension looks clean and is certainly in a very nice area. BUT and its a big but.....they don't take advance bookings!! You have to go on the day and see what rooms they have. They accept credit cards, so I asked if one paid a deposit, would they take a booking? er No... evidently its because guests may wish to stay on beyond their original booked time. Which as I'm in the same trade seems a ludicrous way to go about running guest accommodation ... but each to their own I suppose. Also the Wifi is non existent.
Having browsed the outsides of several other Hostales etc. I think we made the right choice with Hotel Valencia and will return to here next year for a longer stay.
() / ()