Just back from another trip from the fantastic city of Madrid, just seems to get better and better

Bit of a tale for travellers going to Atocha.

we were in La Barrilla sitting at the bar when in walked three of the dodgiest geezers around, I clocked them straight away and watched as they surveyed all the customers then preceded to walk over to the bandit and start to play it, a fourth bloke then turned up with the worst teeth in the history of teeth and also came over to the area of the bandit, he was pretending to be really interested in watching the other three play on it but I knew what he was up to, the girl behind the counter asked if they were having anything but they declined, one of the gang a stocky south american actually sat next to my wife very closely but soon moved when I stood up and paid the bill.
All in all we didn't feel threatened but they were definately up to no good.

TIP
If your going on the AVE, go through the security check and visit the cafe/bar there its much safer

Also when we returned to the city there were a gang of "petition for handicapped" girls hanging about near Debod, after waving them away I did my good deed for the day and walked back down to warn a young couple who were being surrounded by gold teeth and her gang

Don't want to put anyone off visiting this great place but just be aware of whats going on around you

Salud

Edited by MadridMan (07/24/12 04:46 AM)
Edit Reason: To include city name in subject line.