WOW!!!! What a surprise! It just dawned on me, Di Kitchy!! This is (practically) in MY NEIGHBORHOOD!!! Or, at the very least, my area of Madrid. wave

As mentioned above, this is a very working-class area of Madrid, pretty safe, no tourists whatsoever, and you'll also be very close to the newly renovated "River Walk". The Puerta del Ángel is the nearest metro station to the Mirador de Goya apartment about 6 or 7 blocks away. Not too bad. Once you get to the Paseo de Extremadura, 5 blocks north, you'll have about 8 buses to take you nearly anywhere into Old downtown Madrid.

And what great views from the terraza - according to the Only-Apartments booking website, anyway. Did you book through them? If not, who did you use? I'd love to get a look at this place while you're here, if you don't mind. I'll invite you to a neighborhood bar for a beer as payment.

Wow! I'm beside myself! Saludos, MadridMan wave

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog