very nice story, I can see the sadness, 6 years in Madrid is enough to call you a Madrileño! I am sure you will be running thru a lot of memories, I do it too on each place on earth I have put at least 4 yrs of my life.They will remain nostalgia and good times to come back to.
When I left Madrid in 1974, I though would never see it again, did for the 1982 WC, then 1990, then 1995, then 2003,and now its every year since; its a bug you wont get away from it. You will talk about it for the rest of your life,and come back to it with fondness. Have you read Tim Parfitt "A Load Of Bull" book? it was discussed here, and I bought it, contacted Tim thru his London publisher,exchange emails, he was to every place I went while there ! Memories that will last a lifetime.

Yes the situation there is not good, I have relatives, some run out of unemployment and move in with other family in Madrid. Situations and life changes but it can only get better. Best of luck,and hope we can meet again Madrid,Paris or London.Cheers

Edited by pedmar (01/25/11 12:18 PM)