2010 San Isidro Festival in Madrid has already started - even though the capital's patron saint's day isn't until tomorrow, 15 May.

I plan to go tomorrow morning, before the crowds arrive, to the "Pradera de San Isidro" - which is thankfully only about a 20 minute walk away for me. It's just across the river from the Atlético de Madrid stadium.

In past years I'd gone to "Los Jardines de Las Vistillas" (next to the Viaducto) but stopped after it was clear this was nothing more than a huge "Botellón" for youngsters whom pay no attention to the cultural performances going on behind their backs.

Bring on those delicious doughnut-like "Rosquillas de San Isidro" - which only come around this time of year. There are 4 types of "rosquillas": las listas, las tontas, las de Santa Clara y las francesas. My favorites are "las listas". Mmm MMmm Mmmm!

Walking through my neighborhood I've already seen SEVERAL boys and girls dressed up as "chulapos" and "chulapas". They're so adorable.

Oh, and it should be mentioned that the nearly-daily, month-long San Isidro bullfight festival is already in full-swing at the Las Ventas bullring.

Happy San Isidro, Madrileños!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog