Before I begin please note: I am 47 days away from leaving for Spain and the pre-trip jitters have started BIG TIME! I'm very, very excited, yes, but also very nervous and because of that I'm probably going to be asking some very stupid questions in the upcoming few weeks. (And laughing at myself like crazy when I get get back for asking them!) I beg all for a little patience and I promise I will try to keep my craziness in check. Well, as much as possible. Deal? wink

*Deep breath* Okay.

I've heard differing views on this, so I thought I would take this here and see what the prevailing opinion might be. I have made hotel reservations for most of my trip and received email confirmations, which I will be bringing with me on the trip. I made these reservations roughly 6 months ago or less because these were places I really wanted to stay at and wanted to make certain I could secure a reservation at. (The trip will be mid-Sept to early Oct, so not exactly high season, from what I gather.)

Now I am wondering if I need to re-confirm and have heard many arguments for and against. Those who say I should cite that reservations can get lost - even when confirmed - especially when made so far in advance, and it's best to re-confirm about a month before arriving in case other arrangements need to be made. Also, since some of the places are small and family owned, it might be appreciated that I am letting them know that I am still arriving and staying the nights originally booked.

Those who are against this state the hotel may take exception to a re-confirmation as it may appear that I do not trust their record keeping. They made the reservation, it is a "done deal", and checking up on them may be taken as an insult. I should simply bring the emails I have and let it be at that.

Still others state there are ways to re-confirm without making it appear that way. Emailing the hotel and asking about laundry services while there, or parking facilities, or directions might be one way for them to state they do not have a reservation for me. (But seems a bothersome way to go about this to me.)

I'm willing to spend the time re-confirming reservations, as I realize it has been a while and, simply put, things can get lost anywhere in the world.

So what would be the prevailing opinion here? Re-confirm? Just bring the emails I have and go with the flow? I understand I probably wouldn't necessarily do this in the US, but then, I could always pick up the phone with a 3 hour time differece, max, and no language barrier, so it is a bit different in some regards.

Any suggestions are welcome!!