Hellooo! smile

Wow, this feels weird, for once I'm the one looking for advice in this forum.... cool

I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations regarding places to go in the French Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur area.

In 12 days time, we'll have 12 days to spend there (well, 10 actually, since day #1 and #12 will be spent traveling on a train from/to Brussels to/from Marseille or Avignon...)

The itinerary will include: Marseille (possibly Avignon), Aix en Provence, Nice, St.-Tropez....

What was my favourite place to visit, Saint Rémy en Provence, has fallen out of the original plan because, unfortunately, it is not very well connected to other places by public transport (I forgot to say this is an important point, we want to use trains or buses go get everywhere).

So, I'm now missing a visit to a sort of rural, picturesque place, with all the "provençal" flavor, smallish and not as posh as the rest of the places we'll be visiting....
Anybody has any ideas?, Grasse, Toulon, Arles, Nimes?...
(I'm not so keen on going to Cannes but maybe someone can "convince" me.) rolleyes

Any pointers on nice hotels or B&Bs, restaurants, transport companies, etc, would be greatly appreciated as well.

THANKS!!!!! laugh