I just wanted to share with you all how happy I am to teach Spanish and to have Spanish as the main driving force in my life! I just got out of my senior literature class where we just finished reading Bodas de sangre. The students just love it and they were so passionate about their interpretations of the storyline. Hearing them "LOVE" García Lorca's work is so inspirational. I am so lucky to be able to LIVE Spanish everyday here in the Bronx (which, btw, is an amazingly nice place to live, work and raise children in! wink )

Last night as I was planning my lesson, I couldn't get a song by Pata Negra out of my head...and it turned out to be a song that was recorded on the Blues en la Frontera album called "Bodas de sangre"...which I had not even realized. When I put on the song, it finally clicked that the lyrics were exactly from the last act of García Lorca's Bodas de sangre . I was so happy to share it with my class today...and they really liked it too.

Well, just wanted to share with you that I hope you all ( teachers and others too!) are able to be working at something that you LOVE too...it really makes a difference. smile

and thanks again MM for helping Spain stay very much alive for me everyday! You are the greatest! cool