esperanza, thanks for the suggestion of Hotel Carlos V (3-stars). I'd narrowed it down to this one and to Hotel Pintor El Greco (3-stars) and finally decided on the latter. The former never replied to my email to whether or not they had double rooms with camas de matrimonio.

Hotel Carlos V did, however, have a good "Last Minute Special" of 75 Euros (breakfast not included) for the one night. Hotel Pintor El Greco DID reply and told me they DID have a cama de matrimonio so I booked through them and got a "Last Minute Special" for 56 Euros. Hotel Carlos V, in my opinion, is a bit more centrally located (next to the Alcázar) than Hotel Pintor El Greco (next to the Museum/House of El Greco just near the Tajo River.

I'll let you all know of my experience. That is to say, my REVIEW of the hotel. wink Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog