Muchas gracias MM for letting this thread going on, and thank you for all opinions, specially to Wolf.

Yes, Wolf, I am very proud of our President Aznar, as many Spaniards are too. I think Mr. Aznar should have better reported the Spanish public opinion his reasons in order to give arguments to citizens, like Mr. Blair has been doing in Britain.

Unfortunately the media in Spain is a calamity, too biased. All tvs and most papers and radios are in favor of Saddam. Sometimes I have thought that demonstrators at streets don't care about this war. They are against it because the Americans are involved and Aznar's right government is running well the country.

Fernando, keep calm about a second civil war. Just go out into streets of Sevilla or Madrid and you will see that all bars are full of people, people are everywhere living, buying having fun, families paying their mortgages,.... and they are not going to put aside their “cervecita and tapas” just to fight each other (¿!!) Everyone has his dayly problems in our comfortable society.

Now, that the war is almost over, the world is a bit safer than before thanks to the Americans. I expect tyrants and terrorist in the world have understood the message.

People should know that the US is not only the country of “yankee imperialism”, Coca Cola and McDonalds. It is also the paradigma of democracy, individual liberties, estado de derecho, free trade and prosperity, sexual and religious freedom, independence of politic versus religion, equality between man and woman,.......And due to these principles the US has progressed and its the world reference in medicine, engineering, literature, economy and arts.

Just to finish, why are Vaclav Havel and Adam Michnik (from Solidarnosc, Poland) in favor of Bush? They have lived under totalitariam regimes and fought for democracy in their countries. So they know at first hand what living under such oppressive system is.

Saludos.