Gazpacho
Did you have a look at the death toll? I am afraid it was not an even fight... What is your idea of "fair play"?
The Irakis had no planes, no navy, hardly any missile, no biological war equipment, no night-vision glasses, and hardly any of their outdated war tanks survived the bombings to meet the American tanks (which smashed them).
Sort of surprising, since we had been told that Irak was a threat to world peace.
Maybe the civilians simply didn`t want to start a rebellion. Or well, the security forces just needed machine guns and a bit of discipline to keep people under control...
Powell and Co. Have been telling us that they had EVIDENCE that Irakis were keeping mass destruction weapons. But apparently the Irakis were reluctant to use those almighty weapons even to prevent an invasion. And if the Americans knew where the Irakis had hidden the weapons...then why can`t they find them? So far, all they have uncovered is worth only to kill grasshoppers.
The Iraki army has fought courageously to stop an invasion under an overwhelming inferiority. Some units have fought, in these days, TO THE LAST MAN. If a western country, if any American unit had ever given such an admirable example of patriotism, how many movies would have been filmed on the matter? Instead, the news (like in Spanish Antena 3) labelled Iraki resistance to be "ferocious", like if talking about beasts. Not "stubborn", let alone "courageous"; just "ferocious". That is sheer racism, in my opinion.
All this matter reminds me of French invasion in 1808. The French claimed to be "liberating" us from a tyrant. And indeed nothing good can be said about Ferdinand the VII, maybe the worst king EVER. But yet, people noticed that the reasons of the invaders were not totally innocent...