thijs,

Whether or not a person is a radical doesn't matter as long as they teach from a neutral perspective, offering facts as the diet. When their personal agenda and beliefs are imposed as facts, they are no longer teaching, they are feeding propaganda to the students. Propaganda that they choose to offer.

You comment that people should be "wise enough" to understand the facts. Is that your belief when it comes to Fundamentalist Muslims who specifically teach young men with the intent on turning them into assassins and terrorists? They offer propaganda, and a twisted version of the Koran, knowing full well what the results will be.

You can rail against what I said, and suggest it's infringement on rights, but I still believe, like most people, that what is offered in the classroom should be free of bias. I repeat. Anyone who cannot, or will not teach from an unbiased position has no business standing in front of a class, teaching. Especially when the taxpayers are the ones who are paying their salaries, and we demand bias be removed from schools.

What puzzles me most is that so many of the people who take the stand that you've indicated are the same ones who would take a teacher to task for bringing up God in a classroom, saying it's wrong to do so. They say God must be thrown out, but personal agenda protected by "rights." Isn't there something wrong with that picture?

You suggest the present administration is to blame for the problems in Iraq, etc.... I'm afraid we can go back for decades and indict every administration for their failings. As we all know, they have been more than considerable, regardless of which party they represent. As for the planning associated with 9-11, that started long before the election that put Bush in office, so I don't think that argument is relevant.

Wasn't it Admiral Yamamoto who said, after the attack against Pearl Harbor, "I fear that we've done no more than awaken a sleeping giant."?

Regardless of who held sway in the White House, or in the legislature, I would support what's happening today. It's not an "internal political issue" in the U.S., as some would like to make us believe. As far as Hussein is concerned, we put the SOB in business, now it's time for us to close his little shop of horrors.

Hypocrisy, as defined by Merriam-Webster:

a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion

It seems to fit the position established by too many left wing activists on the issue of Iraq.

Wolf