Booklady,

Reading your posting I realize I did not explain things clearly enough, sorry. Obviously, Carmen and Cristobo had the same idas, so in that sense carmen supports Cristobo, no doubt about that, what I meant to say is that, as far as I can remember and if I am wrong I am happy to admit my mistake, they do not make reference to each other and they dont praise each other, so Cristobo did not create a fan club, so to speak.

If you ask me, I would not do it, but when people admit what they do, we should give them some credit, don't we all make mistakes? Should we be judged constantly by them? He explained his reasons and seeing the tone of some discussions one cannot help feeling that they sometimes get personal, so I take his word for his reasons to do so. he could have said nothing or denied what he had done and we could suspect it, but never know for sure. I just say it is not that big of an issue bc I trust his word on why he did it and value that he has admitted it, that's all. I am not his advocate, but I feel that he has been systematically criticized and discredited, every single thing...he normally provides evidence for what he says. This is not a battle for truth, we all say what we think and give our reasons, we are not going to change our minds and sometimes the debate gets too heated and almost personal. Sometimes people lose perspective and become sort of rude, most people have made some 'unfortunate' comments. Lets not make Cristobo guilty of everything.

As I say, I am not his advocate and was just giving my opinion on the issue. As we see here on a daily basis, we all take things in different ways.

gazpacho, I forgot to say somethin in my last posting, one of the things I have always liked about the USA is that I believe it is the place where I think hard work pays off the most and it is rewarded, but in life one is never safe from adverse circumnstances and it is good to know that we can always count on some help, but honestly, I doubt anybody likes to live on welfare, it surely does not provide you with a good life! Welfare and social security is not there to take there of lazy people, even though one cannot help that some people take advantge from the system...things are hardy ever perfect!