Yeah that Hitler analogy always gets me.. Two different situations by far, but... as I go to these demostrations (sinse they end up at the end of my street) I see over and over the Aznar=Franco and Bush=Hitler... My girlfriend now states americans the murderers a little too much lately.. but I blow that off when she backs it up with most of the spanish facts like we invaded Kuwait in 91 and they did not want us there... god.. I watch the spanish tv here seldom.. I prefer BBC or washington post for most of my news... The spanish tv is a little different than american for sure on its horrific pictures. The media is doin more damage than good for sure in this war. Yes, it does aid Saddam and turns the rest of the world against the facts. Ask the average person around here who the kurds are? or how many people saddam killed? etc etc.. no answer, just America supplied the weapons, America dropped the bomb in WWII... I dont get it.. I do think this war will esculate into somethin worse than imagined but at the same tyme I think it will prevent an even worse scenario.. Hearts and minds... hmmm... Facts and figures... Lies and Truth... Our past polocies have hurt us. The fact that we are the only super power and coca cola and mc donalds are in the plaza square seams oh so bad... We fight for our freedom where others fight in order to stay alive... to avoid death by percecution...
Some of my family are comin to Spain in two weeks.. They are worried about the travel (the question which started this thread.) Well, we wont be in Madrid but for two daze... I live in Murcia down south where the demonstrations arent so violent but are occurrin everynite... and I dont see any anti american things around me (just banners sayin we are the murderers). Besides that people are always as always friendly.. Its more like what was stated before... pissed off at Aznar.. I don't know what to think in that fact... 91% oppose the war in spain.. hmmm... Fernando at least respects the man... I think I lean towards the theory of once you vote someone into office, you are votin for them to make qualified decisions.. Not the fact of voting for every single question... Aznar stood up in front of overwhelming opposition... Prost.
War good... War bad? One thing is for sure.. War is sad for all who suffer from injustice but with hope and determination things can change for our upper level primative state of existince..

Well..enuff ramblin.. for a good read check this link out.. It is the closest thing to the truth for the reason for this war I have found..
THE PATH TO WAR
confused
Enjoy..