aidance: Just checking in...I think that the phrase "history will reveal who was right" should be restated. Correctly read, it should say "history will be written by whoever wins the war". wink Might makes right?

As for Wolf, I'm with you 100%. I was a kid during Vietnam, but am a historian and find it scandalous and abhorrent to know that Americans spat upon you and your comrades upon your return.

It's really easy to sit back and watch the war on TV and second-guess those involved. Opinions are like a-------, everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks. We've got to put that aside.

We're going through our studies of WWII right now, and as I look at some of my mother's first-hand accounts, I find it hard to imagine a "peace-nik" during that time having a snowball's chance in hell of organizing a protest against war.

Obviously this is a different war, but there are too many similarities to ignore...ruthless dictator, appeasement attempts, chemical weapons, etc. The main difference here is that it is a war of pre-emption, not reaction.

Alright, I've babbled long enough...my apologies.
Hey, Don MadridMan, when will you be going to bed on Sunday? wink