Carmenn, I agree with you, these wars are not started only to depose tyrants for the good of their citizens. No country would risk its soldiers, its money and its public opinion for it. But as a secondary target and a consequence of the war, those tyranical regimes are being deposed.

The reasons for the war are much graver. In the case of Afghanistan, as I have stated, to cut off support to Al-Qaeda, in the case of Iraq, probably due to the stock and use of chemical weapons.

I think that the oil argument is pure demagogery (though I don't deny it may be a reason to start the war). What do you prefer: A tyrant who use the incomes of the oil to build palaces, buy weapons while his people starves, or the oil production managed by the USA, an ally of Spain, with the oil incomes used to better the population situation?

Remember: Iraq has almost the greatest oil production, but iraqis are not living as well as their neighbours (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia) nor they were living as well before the blockade.

Fernando