Wolf I was too young when our soldiers came home from Vietnam to remember it. Let me say thank you for your contributions during that terrible confromtation. I sincerely pray that, no matter what one's thoughts on this current war, that our brave military personnel do not have to face that same shameful behaviour when they come home.

I get upset when someone characterises me as "pro-war". No one is pro-war. But some of us recognise that talking in the UN is not going to resolve the issue. Saddam Hussein is a terrorist. Whether or not he has direct links to Al Queda does not matter, he openly and proudly supports suicide bombers in the Isreali-Palestinian conflict - paying their families $25,000 for their "martyrdom". Sick! mad

Saddam also has proven that he lied to the UN consistently and for over 12 years by lobbing Scuds into Kuwait. So much for the arguement that the inspections were working and that Saddam was complying. He lied on several occasions that he had no Scuds. yeah right rolleyes

I also find it interesting that all the posters I've seen (many in my office) put up by the union organisers of the anti-war protests (CGT in particular) are advertising the protests as against the war, capitalism and globalisation. If that isn't mixing messages! I think a lot of the protesters are out there simply to protest against the fact that the US is strong enough to do what it believes is right.

I find it especially amusing to see these posters put up by workers at my company, a large global American financial services firm. If we aren't a symbol of capitalism and globalisation, I don't know what is. If you are against these two ideas, fine, but don't be a hypocrite and continue to accept a paycheque and then bite the hand that feeds you. Seems like petty jealousy to me.

I will agree that many of the protesters are there to protest only against the war and not capitalism and globalisation. For those, I respect your right to state your opinion. But please don't forget that we can enjoy that freedom because we have people willing to fight to protect our rights.