Thijs,

You want us to take you seriously after you write this emotional response:
Quote:
How dare you try and point fingers at France and Germany's true democracy! You, my fellow "American," are the traitor you claim people like me to be.

Really? Are you a teenager perhaps?
An emotionally mature person knows that if they want to participate in a reasoned argument where reasonable people participate, the debaters do not use VITRIOLIC language.

Then you write and wonder:
Quote:
Booklady - I hear no arguments to my points only a dismissal of even considering them. What have we come to? I was hoping to get more good practice...help me out here. (and again - this is ALL in fun and in good spirit of debate - NOT meant to be confrontational
How can we take you seriously, much less answer your concerns when you respond so immaturely?

Further, on this board not all of our concerns are answered. We live in a free country and we respond to what we want to respond, not what you want us to respond. And unless you are a nice person, like others on this thread ( See El Viajero and Wolf comments to each other, very mature responses, both equally reasoned people)you may not find many people responding to your posts!

But, I am glad you apologized to Wolf! frown