Booklady: I too respect everyone's opinion. I also expect that history will ultimately be the ultimate judge of who's right and who's wrong. Heck - I'll bet we find that boths sides had good and bad points! And WE (I mean that as pro and anti-war people in general) do. But do remember that judging foreign affairs should involve those people - not just our opinion and not just conservative media sources. Last I checked, we don't rule the world. Yet, if Bush has his way.

But let's not forget that

1. The amount of time he has been on this board makes no difference to the context of this discussion.
2. He started it! :-) Well he did...he wouldn't even address the foundations of my argument..."Don't jump on this phrase and ride it, it's not worthy of a response." Also assummed I unthoughtful about the situation..."Waiting until after the battles were over to decide where to start would be totally stupid." I hear terms of "peace-niks" and the like thrown around - should I just quit questioning and be a servent to your movement?

Booklady - I hear no arguments to my points only a dismissal of even considering them. What have we come to? I was hoping to get more good practice...help me out here. (and again - this is ALL in fun and in good spirit of debate - NOT meant to be confrontational)

Wolf: If I offended you, I do apologize - but do think about the premise of my points. I do believe them. In the end, I mean no disrespect to anyone on this board...I only want people to think about their actions and beliefs as well as the foundations that create them.

and mencey: just for the record, the U.S. has its hands in the cookie jar too. We CREATED Saddam's power, it was during the Iraq-Iran war (when was that - the 70s?)

"War begun by Iraq with Iran shortly after the 1979 Iranian Revolution. Iraq's aggression stemmed from a desire for control of an oil-rich Iranian border territory and control of both sides of the Shatt al-Arab, and fear of the effects of the Shiite victory in Iran on Iraq's Shiite minority. Iraq was backed by Saudi Arabia, the U.S., and the Soviet Union, Iran by Syria and Libya. Some attacks were made on third-party oil tankers in the Persian Gulf. After early gains (1980-82), Iraq lost ground and announced itself ready to negotiate peace, but Iran refused. Stalemated fighting continued until 1988, when Iran agreed to a cease-fire. After Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, it agreed to Iran's settlement terms. The war was devastatingly destructive on both sides. See also S. Hussein, R. Khomeini."