If the allied forces displace the current regime, replace it with a non-tyranical government that doesn't abuse and torture, and destroys or at least takes control of dangerous weapons of mass destruction, has a positive outcome occurred? Was this something worth fighting for? Would we have been better off sitting on our hands for another twelve years sipping our Starbucks and cafe con leches?

Is it just American propaganda that reveals Iraqi citizens coming out of their houses to help tear down portraits of Saddam and cheer the allied forces? Was it just propaganda that Iraqi citizens were killed for doing the same thing during the Gulf War? While it has been said that many American don't support this, despite recent Gallup polls which indicate 76% do, have these anti-war Americans discussed the issue with the Iraqi immigrants who have settled in the United State. A recent local newspaper surveyed those immigrants who knew the horrors of Hussein the best, and they supported the campaign to free their former country.

And, remember, these "historical" palaces, many built in the last 20 years by Hussein himself, can not compare to our National landmarks. Who enjoys these palaces of the tyrant? Are they open to the public? Can anyone visit these "historical" treasures other than the cowardly dictator who bunkers down inside them?

I do not like war, I do not like to see young men and women (Iraqi, British, American) killed. Diplomatic attempts should always occur first. Unfortunately, Saddam Hussein has done things on his own terms. He has failed to take substantial steps over the last 12 years, only doing so, and then the bare minimum, when pushed to the brink. His people have suffered due to sanctions while he rests in comfort in these precious, historical palaces. Should we allow his nation's children to suffer so that we save a palace?

I am proud to be an American and I support my government. It frustrates me to see Americans acting cowardly and stating, "accept me as an individual and do not hold me accountable for my government for I am ashamned of them". America is not Iraq, we the people have control over our government. President Bush is not a dictator who acts alone. If you are traveling overseas and feel that, when approached by a citizen of another country, you need to state "like me but not my government", please do us all a favor and stay overseas.