Hi there,

You ask about the mood in the streets, well, I don't know much about that (so far everything looks “normal”, except for several pacifist demonstrations all over town(Madrid), and the tv programming), however, I can tell you what my mood is like at this moment; I'm SAD, SAD, SAD...., have very strong anti-Bush feelings, and about Aznar, is never pretty to witness someone commit suicide, even if it's only the politic kind.
I also feel shame.

I'm hanging out with lots of Northamericans these days, some just visiting and some who live here, and they all tell me they feel much safer and tranquil here than in the States, so don't worry, I for one, do not think safety for you should be an issue.

Becks, remember the other day over dinner you told me you didn't believe war would happen, and I told you I was surprised at how optimistic you were....I just wished you had been right and I had been wrong so much!

I remember I while ago browsing through another thread and reading something (written by MAD in Madrid, I believe) similar to: "Nobody likes the strongest kid in the playground"; well, personally, I have no problem at all with the biggest kids as long as they don't become bullies.

P.S.: About my comment on Mr. Bush, PLEASE note I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just being honest; and remember I too have had to read extremely hurtful opinions on the ETA subject on this board, but inspite having expressed my distress, certain people go on “joking” about terrorism in Spain, and sadly, I'm afraid they will always continue to do so.

------------------------------------------------
If only everybody had more respect for the lives of the rest of the people….
War is never a real solution.