See I hoard all my money and never go out so I can go to Spain. And I've made a lot of Spanish friends in the past year or so that are always offering me a place to stay so basically it ends up that I only have to pay for the plane ticket and whatever I want to do there, which isn't much if you go in this off-season. But I paid a fortune to go on the 19th, due to Christmas smirk

I'll be in Madrid and surrounding areas for a few days. I really want to get out to Segovia and Toledo, but it really depends on the friend I'm staying with because I feel kind of bad ditching her for half my time there when I'm staying in her apartment. Then I'm going north to Galicia to visit my best friend who lives in Nigran. If you go to the Galicia webcams, open the Baiona Bay one - her town is that beach on the right - Praia America. We'll spend Christmas in Ourense and visit with friends in Vigo and Santiago as well. We were going to take a trip up to A Coruna and el Ferrol, but I think we'll wait until next time due to la marea negra. Then it's back to Madrid for two more days. My friend from Sevilla is coming up to visit me so that should be fun... And on Nochevieja I travel back to New York to be with my godmother at midnight.

As for cities I've already visited in the north:
Galicia: more towns in southern Galicia than I could possibly name... Just take out a map and circle everything on the coast LOL.
Cantabria: Santander, San Vicente de la Barquera
Catalunya: Barcelona, Lloret de Mar

One day I'll learn how to drive and do a roadtrip across the north of Spain... I'll just have to find someone to drag with me!

O, and no pulpo a la gallega this Christmas... Or any seafood... too expensive now frown

Melinda