Hello!
Though I've been interested in Spain for years, my true passion for it came after studying there a semester last year.

My best friend is Galician and lives in a small village outside Vigo (you can actually see it on the Baiona webcam!). She helped me through every step of getting ready to go there and I spent two and a half weeks with her before the semester started and another week in the middle.

When I came home, I missed Spain so much. I found the people so friendly, so eager to accept me and just so in love with life in general. I loved everything about the country and I miss it so much. I go back in 1 week for a trip I really can't afford, but it's important to my personal sanity so I'm going.

I support your decision in quitting!! My friends all think I'm insane for leaving the country to attempt to teach in Spain when the city is desperate for teachers - especially teachers with a bilingual extension. But happiness should always come before money! At least for me it does... I'd rather be making $100 a week and walking along the coast of Cantabria to get to work than $1000 a week and shoving through tourists in Times Square. Good luck with finding a job here!!

Melinda
(Oh, I'm 22 as well)