Eddie, no I am not a student, I have already graduated from university here in the states, but lets just say that I have accumulated enough money to live in Madrid for a year. Whatever happens after that, who knows. I studied in Spain the past two summers and fell in love. This means that I would like to stay there for a bit longer than two months at a time. And, in reference to previous posts, I am definitely not opposed to meeting cool people from the US in Spain although I would be delighted to make some Spanish friends. Cool people are cool people - it doesn't really matter to me where they are from. I just thought that this being the sort of forum for people whom I assume think like myself, I would be able to meet some of you already in Spain. And, as far as liking to enjoy what I consider some of the fun things in life (i.e. staying out late, meeting new people, etc.) why did I get a rolling of the eyes (Eddie)? Don't other people, other than those in Madrid, enjoy some of the same things as myself? confused confused So, back to my original question, is there anyone out there interested in meeting up?