I know I read in another post somewhere on the board that someone had bought a street map in Toledo. It sounded like it was not the usual tourist map, but took them through some very interesting side streets to see a little more of the local culture. I did a search of Toledo Street Maps, but did not come up with it. Can someone help me find it, or has anyone who has been there recently come across this kind of map? If so, do you remember what it was called and where you got it? I like to see more of the real deal, grand architecture and cathedrals are all well and good, but I have no patience for standing in line at the grocery store at home, I certainly can't do it on vacation! rolleyes

Along the same line, I would love to hear from some Madrilenos about some of the local streets where you can see the real life. I've got lots of information on where to go as a tourist. I also heard about La Feria del Libro and the Coin and Stamp market in Plaza Mayor. Can anyone tell me any more about them. They sound interesting. I love reading and books, and a local event sounds great. I checked out the website for the book fair/festival, but my Spanish is minimal at best and I couldn't really get the gist of the whole event. La Feria del Libro

Thanks ever so much!
Diana