After all the posts regarding Mecano on Leche's trip report thread, I thought maybe we could resurrect (?) the topic of pop music from the same general period in Spain, the late 80s and early 90s.

I'll list a few CDs of SPANISH pop that I recommend (in addition to Mecano):

Duncan Dhu: Autobiografía; this is a greatest hits album, and I recommend the other albums by Duncan Dhu, but for a novice listener, this has some excellent tunes, good lyrics, and good producing.

El Norte: Tempestad; I don't know if anyone else likes these guys, but for some reason they stick on me like glue. I don't even know if they're around anymore. Catchy pop-rock, with decent lyrics...I've used their songs in HS Spanish class settings w/o problems.

La Unión: Vivir al este de Edén; A must have. These guys are (were) fairly popular around Europe, and I've seen them many times on 120 Minutes (MTV). Also available on Napster, si quieres.

and lastly...

Hombres G: Voy a pasármelo bien; This is the title of the song that I like too, but their best song titles have to be these two gems:
«Tu madre tiene bigote» (Best song title of all time) and «Qué difícil es hacer el amor en un Simca 1000». Anyone who's seen (or driven) a Simca understands the song.