The eclipse happened at the very same time the kids at my school normally have recess, so we didn't let them out just in case. As anyone who has taught primary children knows, if you don't want kids to look at the sun, don't tell them NOT to! So we kept them inside, though some of the older children who had special protective glasses were allowed to see it.

I got a chance to take a look, and it was incredible. A couple of things surprised me. One is that it didn't get as dark as I expected. Everything sort of dimmed as if someone had put a camera filter over the sun, but it didn't really get dark. Some say it looked like dusk, but it wasn't exactly that either. It was a unique kind of light. At the height,it was interesting to see the shadows...thousands of what looked like miniature eclipse shadows were all over the place. On the ground, the walls, etc. That was cool.

As for the temperature going down...that's possible, but to be honest it was a pretty chilly morning, so I didn't notice anything.

And that was that. Next date, 2026...I believe...statistically I should still be around for that! I hope so! wink