This summer I'm off to Madrid to study Spanish for 3 months. I've got a few questions which I hope someone could help me out with :-

1. I want to rent an apartment/ studio while I'm there but I'm not sure which is the best way to do this. The language school which I am attending have quoted me a price of 900 euros per month for a 1 bedroom studio. Is this expensive or a reasonable price ? Are there any reliable letting companies out in Madrid that I can access via the web.

2. Bank account...... Which is the best way to withdraw my money whilst I'm out in Madrid. I have a bank account in England but I don't want to pay charges every time I make a withdrawal or use travellers cheques !!!!!!

3. I don't have a mobile phone at the moment, but I'll need one when I'm out there. Someone has suggested that I buy a phone from England but buy the sim card when I get to Madrid as it will be cheaper.

4. And lastly, just out of interest, if anyone has done a similar type of language course (25 hours per week of intensive Spanish) what level am I likely to acheive after 13 weeks. I am currently studying Spanish at AS level. Be interesting to find out !!!!

Thanks