Wait! MMan, you're willing and able to stay up that late just to take some pics, and not for the MMan gatherings? Mmmmm.... rolleyes wink

I just browsed a little through your diary from your northern trip, and have a couple of comments to make....(about the lack of white wine situation)....WHAT???!!! Are you telling me you didn't have txacoli?! eek
(And about another culinary matter)....Do you really think it's a good idea to eat spaguetti while in San Sebastian?! rolleyes

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the beauty, elegance, style,....of that amazing city, as I knew you would, who wouldn't? smile . After just reading a few lines I feel like taking a little trip myself very, very soon (but I know I'd stuff myself with pintxos (I just looove the "Basque method" for paying those), accompanied by zuritos ('cañas', small beers), and txacoli (which would be sort of the Basque equivalent to the Galician Albariño wine).

Aahhhh!

Part II:

MMan, I'm so glad you got to try torrijas during Holy Week. They are just like French toasts indeed; the milk (though some people use wine instead!), the eggs, the sugar, the cinnammon....but made with our own type of bread(loaf). I went away for the most part of the Holy Week, so this time I did not make any, I still feel a little bad about it, I just looove to follow that tradition year after year....however I did eat MANY at my grandma's laugh !

Hey! this reminds me I have bought an English-Spanish diccionary that has very useful translations of culinary terms, so I'm thinking of reviving(can you say that?) the old thread with recipes of Spanish dishes when I have a little time (I've finally started to work again smile ).

Part III:

Just so you know, "I forgive you" for dining at VIPS, since it was 1AM. :p