Asterault,

Although I agree with your statement for the most part, there's a big difference between Michigan & Iraq. Michigan wasn't protecting McVeigh, whereas Iraq is protecting and aiding al-Qaeda.

Regardless of how much money the US put into education, and humanitarian efforts, al-Qaeda would still exist, and be an active force, if they aren't dealt with. Since Iraq, and a few other nations don't recognize the need to turn these people over for justice, and continue to support their effort, we really have no alternative but go after them. I'm quite certain that diplomatic routes would be laughed at, and Americans would continue to die in the future, because we did nothing.

Although I don't support war, I realize that the only thing that will bring al-Qaeda to its knees is the fact that there won't be safe havens for them to hide, and plot their next act against helpless civilians.

As for putting money into nations for economic growth, and education, I'm reminded that it doesn't make sense to hand money to a nation that postures against the US, and would use all or part of the money we gave them to support activities directed against Americans - especially if they include terrorism.

No. It's time to send a message to nations that would support and harbor terrorists that there are nations on this earth who will do whatever is necessary to end their involvement. If that means taking out Saddam Insane by attacking Iraq, I'm not going to cry for him, but I'd gladly be there for the people of Iraq, under a fair and impartial government, in helping them rebuild their nation in a democratic format.

If we do nothing, terrorist acts will grow to devastating levels. It will lead to full scale war, which nobody on earth wants. It's better to end it all now, instead of turning it into another world war.

Wolf (Not pleased by whichever option we have. frown )