People's Party? laugh Funny translation.

Let me say that the Mr. Mas proposal has nothing to do with the basque nationalist proposal (but he has chosen the turmoil to take a political advantage).

Catalonia has very very little to do with the Basque Country. There is not a terrorist band (though two decades ago there was one), the nationalists have chosen a democratic way to pursue independentism (ERC the main independentist party), greater autonomy (as CiU) or a federal state model (PSC). Nor there is a general intimidation campaign or any lack of freedom, though, under my point of view, the nationalism has committed other grave errors.

I really doubt that the catalonian's nationalism objective in this moment is to support PNV. They are governing Catalonia with the votes of PP, and they can loose the government anytime soon at the hands of PSC-PSOE. Besides, they are much more realistic, much more pragmatic and much more moderated than the PNV/EA.

Oh, and good news: The PNV plan is encountering almost a total lack of support between the own basques and basque institutions.

Just my opinion...

Fernando