We are classified according to the Decreto de Ordenación de Establecimientos Hoteleros de la Comunidad de Madrid which has been recently revised in July 10th 2003.

How often do we get "reclassified"?. Well, they only do it on request. That is, only if the establishment request it they will check if the place qualifies for a higher category.

What they do quite often is sent policemen to check whether they have a licensed and we comply with all the requirements of the category we have. Thus, we are evaluated very often but not to raise / lower our category but to check everything stays as they licensed says.

Huéspedes Jaen are a "Casa de Huéspedes", that's why they use the name "Huéspedes".

As for the stars, I didn't mean only the friendliness but also the quality of the room. I know places that deserve a much higher category and others with lots of stars that should be ashamed of calling themselves a 2 or 3 stars hostal taking into account what they rooms look like.

Again my advice is: don't be fooled by the stars. Go and check the place by yourself.