You're absolutely right Asterault. It's not right and is most certainly equally outraging no matter who does it or where it's done...under ANY circumstance.

The difference in this case is that I don't live in the other places you mentioned. I live in Spain. My daughter is here too. That's why it's affected me so I guess. This is now 'my back yard.' Not to mention, I was 30 kilometers from where the bombing took place when it happened.

I believe that pretty much all of us have been guilty at one time or another of becoming desensitized by what we see on television as being somebody else's problem and then getting angry when it happens in our own back yard.

Regarding my 'local' point of view and opinion on this particular matter, I believe that anyone who's a parent would most likely feel a larger tug on our heart if we see a child's life taken senselessly so close to us as has been the case here. I mean, it wasn't her fault she was born the daughter of a guardia civil member and turned into a target as a result...just as it's not an Iraqi or Afghan child's fault that they were not born in a more economically sound and advantageous country like Spain, the US, etc...and don't enjoy the same advantages that you guys and I do, right?

I don't know if you guys are parents or not. That may make a little bit of a difference in my case. I don't know. It would seem as though you guys may have different convictions than I do on the issue. That's ok with me. I'll respect that for whatever reason you may have. I'm just not choosing to be quiet about this life that was lost. I think of her and then I think about my own daughter. It literally makes my heart sink... frown

Again I repeat, you're right. My daughter like this girl who lost her life this past weekend as well as Iraqi, Afghan, Somali children, etc...etc...etc... deserve our equal consideration too. frown