Miguelito,

Enjoy it? Yes. I do. But I'll stick to watching on TV. It's a better seat anyway. I've just resigned myself to the fact that sports = civilized warfare and home court advantage always comes into play. If going to an event where you're confident your team will get a "home field advantage" is cool with you, so be it. It just don't get me that excited.

I keep thinking about the big scandal with the pairs ice skating in the Salt Lake City Olympics. The guy from the Ukraine, who was "fixing the rankings" had been caught doing it before, and had received a one or two year suspension for what he did. It tells me that even organized groups like the Olympics can't control the political garbage that goes on behind the scenes. Letting him back in was like telling the whole sports world it was fine to cheat. It might interest you to know, that as of now, the Ukraine official is only on "temporary suspension," despite the fact he was the organizer rigging the outcome of the event. What's the odds he'll be back, at least in the background, during the next winter Olympics? Pretty solid I'd guess, or he'd bring down dozens of others who have been involved in similar situations.

I attended two world championship heavyweight boxing matches in my life, and in both cases, the loser was knocked out by "phantom punches." For that, I paid good money? Sheesh! Why would I bother to attend any sporting event where the results are pre-ordained when I can watch the fiasco on TV?

Wolf (Who laughed when he heard the outcry about Formula 1 drivers blocking, and letting their teammates pass to gain points for the team, and add towards world championship points. It ain't new. I knew about it years ago, when it was alleged Ronnie Peterson, who was Mario Andretti's teammate in the John Player cars, did exactly that. Peterson ended up second in the world despite getting killed. But before he died, he helped Andretti win the championship, by allowing him passes, and blocking to insure it. Of course it was never proven. Peterson was probably the better driver, but ... so it goes. They still call it sport.) rolleyes