I see Team Mexico walked off the field after the game, refusing the exchange of jerseys, which is customary. A real tribute to their being sportsmen. rolleyes It shows how they really feel about Americans. For Gawd's sake, they used us as a punching bag for nearly fifty years on the soccer field, and when we finally have a run of 9 wins, 6 losses, and a few ties, they think all Americans are "peegs!" There were even comments about how the US beating Mexico was a "political message," as to how they are second class citizens in our eyes.

If the US should accidentally sneak past the Germans, will we be accused of "rubbing their noses" in the fact they lost WWII? confused

On the other hand, if both Spain and the US both advance, and meet on the field, I'm going to have to root for the US to kick their scrawny arses by scoring three or four quick goals to shut off that damned, "Ole... ole... ole..." which really bites! wink Americans can then start chanting, "Adios, amigos!", like they did to the Mexican team, when the game was in extra time, and there was little doubt who would win. :o

Wolf (Who's found he loves soccer, only while the US team is still in the hunt... after that... I'll watch re-runs of Magnum, P.I., or something... but I will watch Spain and root for them to go all the way, sans US. smile )